Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Max loan amount on servers since 1.2.0? #4 12 years 6 days ago #677

I am pretty sure the max loan was not set to 100k on the old Desert Short goal, #4.

Dunno if this is the case on the other servers too, but should probably fix it. :3
  • Zalmar
  • Zalmar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Max loan amount on servers since 1.2.0? #4 12 years 6 days ago #679

This is a smart, challenging and really player selective decision. The problem come with the type of engines... I mean, with 200k loan you afford easily to buy SH (temperate server), but if you try to play on desert/winter server (were the engines are more expensive) is very hard to have a decent start.

Re: Max loan amount on servers since 1.2.0? #4 12 years 6 days ago #680

meanbrake wrote: The problem come with the type of engines... I mean, with 200k loan you afford easily to buy SH (temperate server), but if you try to play on desert/winter server (were the engines are more expensive) is very hard to have a decent start.

True on that.

Re: Max loan amount on servers since 1.2.0? #4 12 years 6 days ago #681

it's not remotely interesting when the only thing you can build is a tiny route with a single train...

The loan was never this tiny previously. It's utterly silly.

Desert is fun for microing multiple train around on a single track without using signals to optimize your start - you don't even have enough cash to do that as it stands now

EDIT: Lower loan does not invite "more interesting gameplay", it just limits people who are a bit more imaginative. Sure you'll have bad players throwing down a big track and only a single train to occupy it, but good players just get limited in what they can do when the loan is stupidly low initially.
  • Zalmar

Last edit: by Zalmar.

Re: Max loan amount on servers since 1.2.0? #4 12 years 6 days ago #682

Right - it may make SOME sense on the Quick server (still against it tbh), but it's entirely too slow and boring on others (Desert).

I have no trouble adapting and can still do ~100k routes with the 200k loan, but it slows down the game far too much and it honestly means I'll be alt-tabbed 50% of the time.

More money = more options = more interesting when you actually know what you're doing.

Using that money correctly is what makes the difference between getting to Goal in 5 or 10 years.
  • Zalmar

Re: Max loan amount on servers since 1.2.0? #4 12 years 6 days ago #684

Yes, you're using other trains, but that doesn't change the fact that it just limits your options. Doing 2 trains on a single track (signal-ignoring) from the start is fun and challenging.

It may force new players to get better but it forces better players to sit on their ass and be BORED.

EDIT: Not to mention, have fun going farms, hahahahaha. Or building on a map that has a large amount of them close together.
  • Zalmar

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Max loan amount on servers since 1.2.0? #4 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.