Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: Max loan amount on servers since 1.2.0? #4 12 years 2 weeks ago #689

there are some issues with the loan amounts.. 1.2 gave much more loan than intended so it had to be decreased but it does not work as it should. i will keep looking into it today and hopefully come up with a solution that works.
Keeping BTPro.nl servers troll and cheat-free! beware!
  • Ivanoz
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • There is no spoon!
  • Thank you received: 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Max loan amount on servers since 1.2.0? #4 12 years 2 weeks ago #690

It's fine on Quick Temperate, but I think it will stop a lot of players from playing on your servers.

On the SHORT server, way too limiting IMO.
  • Zalmar
  • Zalmar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Re: Max loan amount on servers since 1.2.0? #4 12 years 2 weeks ago #693

Peta wrote:

Zalmar wrote: It may force new players to get better but it forces better players to sit on their ass and be BORED.

simply no. quick goal can still be done in 4 years and its non-stop building action right from the start. You are quite overconfident marking yourself as a 'better' player.

Wow.

You have got to be kidding me.

I don't think you understand what I'm talking about when I'm referencing what was possible before the loan was lowered. Running multiple trains on the same single track without signaling early game is a great way to min-max - this greatly limits your possibility to do so.

A lower loan will, by the very definition of HAVING LESS MONEY, always give you LESS to do than a higher one. It dumbs the game down outside of the small area in regards to vehicle optimization. And vehicle optimization was already used by decent players in the first place (primarily for feeders early game).
  • Zalmar

Last edit: by Zalmar.

Re: Max loan amount on servers since 1.2.0? #4 12 years 2 weeks ago #697

I give up. You're not capable of reading.

Zalmar wrote:

Peta wrote:

Zalmar wrote: It may force new players to get better but it forces better players to sit on their ass and be BORED.

simply no. quick goal can still be done in 4 years and its non-stop building action right from the start. You are quite overconfident marking yourself as a 'better' player.

Wow.

You have got to be kidding me.

I don't think you understand what I'm talking about when I'm referencing what was possible before the loan was lowered. Running multiple trains on the same single track without signaling early game is a great way to min-max - this greatly limits your possibility to do so.

A lower loan will, by the very definition of HAVING LESS MONEY, always give you LESS to do than a higher one. It dumbs the game down outside of the small area in regards to vehicle optimization. And vehicle optimization was already used by decent players in the first place (primarily for feeders early game).

Where in that post do I say it's hard?
  • Zalmar

Re: Max loan amount on servers since 1.2.0? #4 12 years 2 weeks ago #701

Just did short goal desert in 13 years, no problem with the original starting loan, setting up a quick money line is key. Which is much easier on the larger maps.

Btw Zalmar your company on server 4 was earning over £250,000 a year with your two oil trains.
  • cxc
  • Thank you received: 35

Re: Max loan amount on servers since 1.2.0? #4 12 years 2 weeks ago #702

Ok? :p

I am not saying it's hard to get profit, but these loans are far too limiting on anything but Quick and you will lose players because of it. Slowing down the game and limiting options is just dull.
  • Zalmar

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Max loan amount on servers since 1.2.0? #4 - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.