Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Moderator Application: Inscius 3 years 3 months ago #7354

In a recent comment of mine, I mentioned that I’d thought about applying for moderator, but had decided against it. Since then, I’ve thought the matter over a bit more and decided against deciding against it, so here I go:

In-game name: Inscius
Time-zone: UTC+1
Have you ever been banned? If yes, why?: Not as far as I am aware.
Have you read the rules and agree to follow them: Yes and yes
What times are you most active?: This varies a bit, though generally I am online and at a computer most times during the work/school day, so around 8 to 16 UTC, during my free time (around 16 to midnight UTC) I am often, but not always, online.
Sex [Male/Female] : Male
Why do you want to be a moderator, And why should we make you one?:
Official Reason: Becoming a moderator on BTPro seems like the next logical step in my quest to attain complete and total power over everything and everyone.

Unofficial Reason: This is something I’ve thought about for quite some time, and though I do have a couple of doubts, which I can expand on if needed, I do feel at this point that the reasons for outweigh the reasons against. Also, I’ve been mulling it over long enough now that I figure the only way I’ll stop thinking about it is if I actually go ahead and make an application.

There are chiefly 2 reasons for:
1 - I think helping this community and my fellow players could potentially be rewarding and sometimes interesting work.
2 - I am a person who understands that work goes into the things(servers, clubs, events etc.) I like, and if I enjoy the benefits of that work for too long without in some way contributing to it, I start to feel guilty.

As for why you should make me one, though I don’t have any previous experience with moderating servers (aside from being admin on my cousin’s minecraft server for 3 days once before he shut it down), I do have experience with doing unpaid labour (I’ve been involved in a couple of clubs and some other things).

This means that, though I don’t know exactly what being a moderator entails, I do have some sense of what I’m signing up for as I know what devoting your free time to do work feels like (even if it’s fun and rewarding work), and I take commitments like this seriously.

Also, I think I can be impartial and fair and stuff, and could therefore make a decent moderator who would definitely probably maybe not do stuff like ban players just because they’re doing better than me or kick players just because it’s fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wacko1976, tomb
  • Inscius
  • Inscius's Avatar Topic Author
  • Don't believe anyone. Including me.
  • Thank you received: 59

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Inscius.

Moderator Application: Inscius 3 years 3 months ago #7360

Hi Inscius,

Sounds good :-) I will do my best to be on IRC soon to instruct how things work.

See you hopefully there.

Frank

Moderator Application: Inscius 3 years 3 months ago #7364

Ok!

My IRC presence will probably be limited over the next couple of days because of this whole 'Christmas' thing. But I'll make sure to be online when I can, and I should be back to normal afterwards.
  • Inscius

Moderator Application: Inscius 3 years 3 months ago #7487

Ok, so it's been almost a month now, and despite me trying to be online as often as I can, I haven't been able to see you. Would it perhaps be better to arrange for some specific time?
  • Inscius

Last edit: by Inscius.

Moderator Application: Inscius 3 years 3 months ago #7488

its completely my fault. I simply don’t have much time behind a computer unfortunately. I mostly check things from my phone (as well typing this message).

I will try to be online in the evenings more often and will ping you on IRC then.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Moderator Application: Inscius - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.