Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Website outage and game server restart 1 year 4 months ago #8248

Anything to share on the website outage?

I had a company sitting at $14.9 billion on server K1 waiting for the website to come up so I could get a login token. Any chance I could get a few points on that?
Reluctantly crouched at the starting line. Engines pumping and thumping in time. The green light flashes, the flags go up. Churning and burning, they yearn for the cup. They deftly maneuver and muscle for rank. Fuel burning fast on an empty tank. Reckless and wild, they pour through the turns.
  • bobbytables
  • bobbytables's Avatar Topic Author
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Always sanitize DB inputs.
  • Thank you received: 7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bobbytables.

Website outage and game server restart 1 year 4 months ago #8253

Hello? Power outage? ISP issues? Server crash? This website was down for many hours and eventually disrupted many games. No explanation for us plebes?
Reluctantly crouched at the starting line. Engines pumping and thumping in time. The green light flashes, the flags go up. Churning and burning, they yearn for the cup. They deftly maneuver and muscle for rank. Fuel burning fast on an empty tank. Reckless and wild, they pour through the turns.
  • bobbytables
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-

Website outage and game server restart 1 year 4 months ago #8257

Sorry bobbytables for not having replied to your original request...

The issue was made clear to me by tomb who reported the server was down. The games were still (as far as I could see it) running, but the server itself didn't react to website calls or admin tool calls.
Turned out that the server's memory was completely maxed out. Actually it made sense after on-line time of 534 days!

Anyway, I was forced to give the main server which runs the MySQL server and Apache (and some game servers as well) a reboot.

Since I don't have any insight on what people were playing, how far they were with the goal and on which server, I am afraid that I can't just start throwing points at everyone. :-(

I'm very sorry for the loss of time for the game you were playing at that moment. But in all fairness for a non-profit community I think we are doing pretty well with stability right? ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb

Last edit: by Frank.

Website outage and game server restart 1 year 4 months ago #8258

Thanks for the info, and I appreciate your position.

And the site and servers are run amazingly well, which made the outage more surprising. Glad a simple reboot was all that was needed. Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, tomb
  • bobbytables
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Website outage and game server restart - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.