Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Play offline? 1 year 1 month ago #8286

I love the CityBuilder BTPro servers! It is great to see them still running (albeit much quieter than they used to be). Thank you to everyone who helps keep them online.

The last couple of games I played on server 15 ended prematurely when "The server closed the session". It is frustrating and makes me nervous to start another game in case it happens again. Does anyone know what happened to cause that?

Is there a way I can play offline with all the same game mechanics? Even better, is there a way I could make my own variations, such as changing the start date?
  • Graham
  • Graham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Play offline? 1 year 1 month ago #8287

There's been a bug recently where players sometimes get kicked when the server detects that the goal has been reached, maybe that is what you've experienced?
If so, it's not a big problem, points still get handed out correctly.

Or do you mean that game end has somehow been triggered prematurely? If so that is not an issue I'm familiar with.

As for playing citybuilder offline, there are a numer of city builder scripts that can be downloaded through the "check online content" menu, which can then be applied and configured via the AI/Game script settings. Though I'm not sure which specific script we're using or whether it's even available via the in-game downloader.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb
  • Inscius
  • Don't believe anyone. Including me.
  • Thank you received: 56

Play offline? 1 year 1 month ago #8290

I was playing alone, about an hour in, on about 4k population. I don't know what triggered it. When I rejoined the server, the map was empty and back at the start. I don't care about points, I only play for fun, but I get sad when a game ends before it is supposed to.

Thank you for telling me about AI/Game script settings. I downloaded a game script called CityBuilder. It looks interesting. I don't think I can use it to recreate the games on BTPro exactly though, which is what I really would like.
  • Graham

Play offline? 1 year 1 month ago #8291

The server restarts automatically if an hour has passed and there aren't any companies, so if it was around an hour in as you said, it may have been that the server failed to recognise that you had a company.
We had a bug like this that occured frequently around a year ago, but I haven't heard of it since.

I had a look through the logs, and you had a game around ten days ago where it looks like you just joined and then didn't do anything until the server restarted, so if this was the game you're talking about then it looks like that is exactly what happened.

As for what caused it I don't know unfortunately, thought that bug was fixed. Since this is the first I'm hearing of it, it's hopefully rare.
  • Inscius
  • Don't believe anyone. Including me.
  • Thank you received: 56

Play offline? 1 year 1 month ago #8292

Yes that would be it. I just played it again and completed it with no problems.
  • Graham

Play offline? 1 year 3 weeks ago #8293

This just happened again, an hour in. Why is the server not recognising that I have a company?
  • Graham

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Play offline? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.