Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Won the 25k CB in 1 hours 32 minutes 10 years 7 months ago #2197

I made my fastest game today, it was 1 h 32 min :)
tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34pjpsm&s=5

Apart from that:
What makes the town to hate you?
www.speedyshare.com/4aZHf/whymytownhatesme.sav
In this game my town rating is nearly -1000, and I dont know why. In this game what made the town to hate me? I didnt destroy any of its houses, neighter roads.
In an other game there was no problem with the town rating, however I did the same.
  • NaB
  • NaB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Won the 25k CB in 1 hours 32 minutes 10 years 7 months ago #2198

Nice time :)

About the bad rating, I've seen it before and I've experienced it before. It seems to be related to the amount of stations you build. I only experienced it on desert and I think it gets worse if it's later in the game.

Unused stations have a bad influence on town rating, maybe it's made worse if it sees a station as unused if it doesn't have cargo, which could be the case in a small town with lots of stations, but that's just guesswork.

Anyway, you gotta be careful with the amount of stations you build early on and make sure you use them all well.
That's atleast my experience, maybe someone has a different theory/explanation?
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Won the 25k CB in 1 hours 32 minutes 10 years 7 months ago #2206

aha, thx :)
  • NaB

Won the 25k CB in 1 hours 32 minutes 10 years 7 months ago #2208

Hey :)

I've updated the score pages to now show the fastest 15 games per server now. So you can now see the time to beat if you one the number one spot as fastest player!

Just to cover all the sides on the town rating issue being at -1000. I believe that might be an OpenTTD issue when you join a server and start a company as all towns start off at -1000 for some reason then quickly, within a few minutes climb up to 0. Like how the world population rises quite significantly when the game begins when you generate a new map. There could be some issues with town claiming preventing this fast rise back to 0 and having it locked at -1000 then you would have to raise it manually with trees or wait a longer amount of time than you should for it to be 0. Both aren't hard facts and merely just my observations so far.

If occurring at any other point in the game, then it is indeed every station/ road/ rail and basically action you do reduces your rating significantly. The bigger the town and the better you service it well, the faster it rises back up.

Check out this link to the OpenTTD wiki page on local authority game mechanics here.

Regards,

cxc
Server Admin
  • cxc
  • Thank you received: 35

Won the 25k CB in 1 hours 32 minutes 10 years 7 months ago #2226

that 15 fastest games on the servers is great :)

its good to see that nearly all the places on server 11 are filled with my name :P
  • NaB

Won the 25k CB in 1 hours 32 minutes 10 years 7 months ago #2227

except 2 :p

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Won the 25k CB in 1 hours 32 minutes - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.