Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

OpenTTD Installation Issues 10 years 7 months ago #2093

it's probably not the right thread, but can I ask what the costs are for btpro... it's closeto the right thread, client, installation, using the software and the servers... pay for it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

OpenTTD Installation Issues 10 years 7 months ago #2101

Sure you can :-)

Right now we have about 4 physical servers. 2 in the Eu region and 2 in the USA.

Luckily for the BTPro community we have very generous members and admins. 1 server in the EU is hosted by HSquishy. It's a 4 processors @ 2,6ghz - 8GB dedicated server which costs around 35 euros a month (correct me if im wrong Squishy :-)).

Then we have 1 vps in the netherlands which we now only use for our MySQL server but which soon will be abandoned. This one costs 23 euros a month (which is a way to high price actually for what we get.)

Then in the USA we have 1 VPS (www.serveralley.com), vps name: Jupiter which we get for a lower price from them plus a dedicted server which costs around 45 USD a month (Colocation, server is now Kadar's property after hiring it for 12 months, price before colo was about 65 USD).

I hope this is enough info for you, if you want to know more, please reply in this thread.

PS: yes, we are paying this money from our own pocket every month, donations is unfortunatly not enough to cover all costs allthough they are offcourse HIGHLY appreciated ;-).

Best regards,

Frank
Server Admin

Last edit: by Frank.

OpenTTD Installation Issues 10 years 7 months ago #2105

Nicr post Frank, and good question from Cronester.

4 CPU + 8GB dedicated for 35€? Sounds great! Where can I get that one? :-)
Admin of Novapolis OpenTTD servers, www.novapolis.net
  • TheDude
  • Novapolis admin
  • Thank you received: 11

OpenTTD Installation Issues 10 years 7 months ago #2107

so this totals to about $ 110 a month? how many games can you run on a server simultaneously?

OpenTTD Installation Issues 10 years 7 months ago #2108

Well, it depends offcourse on the power of the cpu and the amount of memory the server has and how crowded the servers are. We at BTPro keep a maximum of 10 dedicated openttd instances on 1 server, mainly because we also use an extra management program for each instance next to openttd called xshunter, this program takes care of the management of the game (goal and mysql connection mainly).

The_dude: I think this was a promotion server somewhere with a provider in the Uk, HSquishy can tell you more about this I think, he bought it for us :-)

Anything more, just ask!

OpenTTD Installation Issues 10 years 7 months ago #2109

4 servers, max 10 instances on a server... one is used for a database only and btpro has 18 games running? is there something I don't see?

to me it seems some games are more popular than others, can I ask why btpro runs less popular games? as example the 4k temperate seems very popular, in my opinion because it takes only about an hour. but at the end of year 1 or 2 there's no use to join them any more since you won't make it. a second game/instance seems logical to me.

I'm not being a critic, just trying to understand.

***Deleted this question explained by pm. Happy people now.

Last edit: by Cronester.
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 OpenTTD Installation Issues - Page 3 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.