Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Timeout on connecting 10 years 5 months ago #2385

For the last 2 weeks, ive been getting timed out while joining your servers. This has not happened before but ive been consistently experiencing this problem for the last 2-3 weeks.

I've done all the checks at my end and my conenction seems to be fine. Im on a decent DSL line with no timeouts experienced while using other apps. Ping reply times are decent and consistent.

Would be wonderful if someone could help me out

Thank You.
  • uns
  • uns's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Timeout on connecting 10 years 5 months ago #2393

i am experiencing the same problem. what happens:

- start openttd
- multiplayer
- btpro
- join server
- Timeout
- join server again
- ok
- connect
- timeout
- connect again
- ok

I write this because it maybe help :)

Timeout on connecting 10 years 5 months ago #2405

Same thing happens on my end. Sometimes it works like a charm and connects on the first attempt but most of the time it just keeps on timing out.

Maybe the server admins could increase the timeout limit in the server config? Or does anybody have any other suggestions?
  • uns
  • uns's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Timeout on connecting 10 years 5 months ago #2406

At peak times servers can be busy, which might cause a bit of lag. But except for the K1 server I barely ever timed out on any of our servers. I must say I haven't been playing on BTPro servers much last two weeks, but I never had any troubles with continuous time-outs. I suggest looking for problems on your own side as well. Maybe you share your internet connection with other people that are using it pretty heavily, you're downloading/uploading yourself, or maybe your pc or internet connection are just not good enough to run OTTD online smoothly (at peak hours).

See at which times those time-outs happen usually. If it's in the evenings on work days (European time) it's in peak hours. If it's outside of peak hours and it happens on both CV and CB servers (which are hosted at different places) I'd say it's most likely a problem on your side of the connection.

Note that even during peak hours, with some exceptions now and then, servers should run smoothly anyway.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Timeout on connecting - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.