Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Hey! Mega is back in town! 11 years 5 months ago #1403

B) Cool Forum & server setup guys!

Btw, I'm Mega, hello all!

Good to see OTTD is still being played!

Teuniss asked me for my old maps from ClanMega, My old OTTD clan 1995-2008.. the good ol' days..

I hope you all enjoy the artwork!

Good Luck and Have Fun with them ;)
  • Mega
  • Mega's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Hey! Mega is back in town! 11 years 5 months ago #1404

Hey Mega :)

Thank you very much for allowing Teunis and BTPro to use your artwork! Hopefully we shall get some servers up and running soon, showcasing it off to our playerbase!

Feel free to drop by anytime whether it is on the forum, ingame or on our IRC channel (details on the 'Contact Us' page) :)

Regards,

cxc
Server Admin
  • cxc
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 35

Re: Hey! Mega is back in town! 11 years 5 months ago #1405

Hey Mega,

I heared from Teun that you had pretty special servers... Will check out your maps ASAP :-)

Drop in into our IRC channel if you got some time to chat :-) You can see the details on how to connect on our "Contact Us" page ;-)

See ya around :-)

Frank
Server Admin

Re: Hey! Mega is back in town! 11 years 5 months ago #1409

Yeah my servers where pretty special and unique, all pre 1.0.0

I still got my CDIS version on my old server pc, that was in my eyes the best version of OTTD ever!

Havnt checked out the 1.x.x yet, but it still will be very special..(a bit old its based on 0.6.3)

But it has some unique features like Cargo Destination( cargo chooses where it wants to go) and Infra Structure sharing( everyyone can connect and use others stations and airports... My old serve " Mega's Madness" was a realistic world map divided into regions witch could be claimed for youre base company, then you connect to other part of the world and passengers traveld from for instance america to australia via europe , 3 companies had to work togheter with trains planes and ships to get the passengers and all cargos to the desired destination..

Because of the old version it needs grf pack 7.3 i dont know if t still exists..
Me distributing it and grf would be a copyright problem...
Thats why i stopped playing ottd, i was too much frowned uppon by the developers at that time..

;) Mega
  • Mega

Re: Hey! Mega is back in town! 11 years 5 months ago #1411

Mega,

I have no idea if you have any plans to check it out again (The OpenTTD world), but if you are, dont hesitate to contact me on IRC... We can ALLWAYS use a good programmer...

We are using a extra program now which uses the openttd admin interface. This interface also supports plugins, so basically it's not REALLY necesary to touch the openttd code anymore to add new features. We would LOVE for you to join us to make some cool stuff together with our admins :-) Cause right now I am the only one who tries to program some nice stuff here :-)

Anyways, you know where to find us, let me know :-)

Best regards,

Frank
Server Admin

Re: Hey! Mega is back in town! 11 years 5 months ago #1412

Hmm, im not really a coder or grf artist, i had some groundbreaking ideas at that time that where realised by Yorick...

Do you guys still use the W.A.S. grf? The blimp has my name on it, i made it myself lol...

But i know coders are hard to find... Maybe yorick still around on OTTD and IRC?

Ill check it out(youre servers) just to see how far(or not) they have come with 1.2.3..

Maybe ill run the CDIS aggain for who's intrested...like a reunion with the Chistmas Holidays..
  • Mega

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Hey! Mega is back in town! - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.