Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Blocking and problem with Wacko 6 years 1 month ago #6371

Player phillipcob was blocking. I contact admin, Wacko come and say to go aroung him. I do that, player againg block me, and Wacko has the same answer, go around him

Blocking is allowed on this server?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Blocking and problem with Wacko 6 years 1 month ago #6372

Ok ,let me explain why i allowed the situation:

Both you and him were laying tracks along the same side of the map, both were intending it for long distance hauling, so it is logical you 2 will compete for the most optimal route. In that case it happens that players cross eachothers path, or the other player is somewehre first and you have to go around/over him.

Int this case he spotted a bottleneck where you could not pass the same lake in the same spot because of oilrigs. He decided to lay his bridges there before you could.
In my opinions that is not blocking nor sabotaging, it was taking advantage of the direct route.
The fact you were planning on using that same stretch is understandable, but unfortunatly he was there first.
The fact your rails ended up touching eachother, i will not see as blocking, just happens to meet there. He rerouted his tracks while you were complaining to me.
Was it a decent action he did? knowing it would force you a different route? maybe not ,but he spotted the bottleneck and took thhe opportunity, too bad for you.
So yes, i stand behind my call not to classify it as blocking or sabotaging.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2

Last edit: by Wacko1976.

Blocking and problem with Wacko 6 years 1 month ago #6373

You didnt do Your job. His track was not connect, it was important that he block me twice.
If you look of his track you would see what was his plan.

Blocking and problem with Wacko 6 years 1 month ago #6374

Also, when he block me first, you said to go aroung him and I did that, and go on the edge map. Then he start building from another way , and go to edge of map from different direction, but his track was not connect from first direction.

He was building on the edge of the map and move so he can block me, and then go back to edge of the map to block me again and You say that not blocking???????

Last edit: by Tragac011.

Blocking and problem with Wacko 6 years 1 month ago #6375

From my experience, what I can say is: sometimes we are with some ideas for tracks and other players have similar ideas. This will cause some conflicts, obviously! It's on to players to get an agreement, even if at some point they thing that are being blocked.
It's where an admin, watching both players actions, can judge. And, even without seeing what happened ingame (only saw chats), I'll trust on Wacko1976 decisions and never saw philipcobb creating problems with other players (from my point of view).

So Tragac011 - it's how I see things and I leave here my 2 tracks ^^
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Blocking and problem with Wacko 6 years 1 month ago #6376

It is very interesting how You follow rules.... When someone move track twice in your way, that is not blocking???

Good to know

Thanks

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Blocking and problem with Wacko - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.