Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rur - Rule 3 violation 6 years 5 months ago #6185

Played on server #7 game 9242.

About mid game, 50ish % progression. Rur built a station on the Factory i were using intending to steal my goods.

I told him it was against the rules, and told him to check rules. Told him wich rule it was, but his solution were to build a train that delivered to the factory aswell, wich ment the goods were now both mine and his.

i.imgur.com/VeD5Clj.png - When he made his station
i.imgur.com/Uz9Y1Jf.png - When i made my station
i.imgur.com/Q31e5GK.png - The log with me pointing out he is breaking the rules.
  • BladiN
  • BladiN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by BladiN. Reason: Mixed up the links.

Rur - Rule 3 violation 6 years 5 months ago #6186

Found the player, he apologised, but was still under the impression the rule is not clear on that subject.
Put a 1-day ban on him, i hope it will be enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb

Rur - Rule 3 violation 6 years 5 months ago #6187

Hey man, sorry about that game, I checked the forums after the game and realized the rule is really "first come first served", which is not very obvious from the way it's worded.

But please, you clearly worded this report to make it seem like it had an impact on the game. I was at 75% of the goal while you were at 50%, there was no way you could have caught up to me.

Anyway, sorry, didn't mean to piss you off.

Suggestion to admins: Reword rule #3 to something along the lines of
"Secondary and tertiary industries work on a first come first served basis. The first played to deliver cargo to such an industry gains the right to transport the cargo it produces."
To make the intent crystal clear.
  • Rur
  • Thank you received: 2

Last edit: by Rur.

Rur - Rule 3 violation 6 years 5 months ago #6188

We clearly have different views on how the game were going. When you were at 49% i was at 47%. We had the same income at this point. Wich drasticly changed when you tapped into my factory. Crippling my income in a major way seeing it stood for 70% of my income. But i dont mind to much about the game.

I had no intentions getting you banned, and imo thats a bit harsh. A little reminder would have been sufficent.

EDIT: Look at the last image i linked. We are 3% apart when you start tapping into my factory. Something different than 75% to 50%.
  • BladiN
  • BladiN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Last edit: by BladiN.

Rur - Rule 3 violation 6 years 5 months ago #6189

Hmm, you're right, third screenshot shows 53% to 50%. I must be confusing it with another game.

Welp, sorry for wrongly accusing you.

Today is not my day.
  • Rur
  • Thank you received: 2

Rur - Rule 3 violation 6 years 5 months ago #6190

Imo, the words "Don't steal secondary and tertiary production" already means that on the refered industries, the 1st delivering has the right on the production and the 2nd commers are the "stealers", even if deliver too. Sadly OpenTTD doesn't allow to deliver production to the company that delivers. To keep things fair, that's why rule 3 exists. Anyway, all suggestions for a better and clear wording it's always welcome.

About the ban, it's one of the ways that admins have to make players respect our server rules. 1 day ban it's one of the light punishements we apply. I believe Rur understood but the early ban removal decision... I'll leave to Wacko1976 ;)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Rur - Rule 3 violation - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.