Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

not happy 8 years 10 months ago #4362

twice now patapalo1 has called an admin because my station (under construction) was spread out too far breaking rule #7... I was in the process of building a track so it was actually in use.. anyone could see that I had no intention on breaking the rules.. but not one really looked.... apparently "patapalo1's job is to just go around and harass people about the rules and immediately call an admin... an admin ST2... of course who wasn't very nice threatening to ban me without even speaking with me.

it would have been nice to have been given more than 30 seconds to correct the issue or at least respond to the message. really people?
  • WOOFERZ
  • WOOFERZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • -=Donator=-
  • -=Donator=-
  • Southeast United States County Boy! =)
  • Thank you received: 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

not happy 8 years 10 months ago #4363

I have to agree with 1 thing: you were breaking rule #7;

And yes, I joined your company, removed the stations parts breaking server rules, made signs explaining why and placed necessary parts to get a transfer you were making. At any point I threatened you and I spoke with you (teamchat, while fixing the station), and included to read our server rules.

But I guess every action I make you come to forum complaining when the easiest way was read/respect server rules. But even your complaints would be fine, if honest! Try that too, next time!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WOOFERZ
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

not happy 8 years 10 months ago #4379

ST2,

With all due respect... When I type "who wasn't very nice threatening to ban me without even speaking with me"...When you tell me "rule #7 last warning" in a sign I interpret that as not nice and threatening to ban. My Point being the station was not unfairly spread out to extend coverage. I had over half the track built to connect that station, the station was pointing towards the track. Should I have waited to build the station one I ran the track completely to where the station was going to be? My personal playing preference has been to build two stations and then fill in with track. The station without the extension was one tile away, may two, even if I had built the station in the other direction (N-S) instead of E-W the station still would have touched the second farm.

All I'm saying is, this guy come in and said "you are breaking the rules" literally 30 seconds later you were there to remove the station. I barley had time to blink. Had anyone taken a moment to even let my type something in my defense it would had been clear what was going on and it wasn't a violation of rule #7.

I'm not trying to argue, but I do want to defend myself. Absolutely everything I'm typing here in honest. Honestly the station would have touched the farms coverage area even if I had built it in the other direction. I can't remember your exactly wording but I know you said you were at work or something to that effect so I know you didn't have a lot of time, but there was nothing unfair going on here. I will screenshot stuff from now on.
  • WOOFERZ
  • WOOFERZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • -=Donator=-
  • -=Donator=-
  • Southeast United States County Boy! =)
  • Thank you received: 2

not happy 8 years 10 months ago #4380

I don't consider an argument, only find and face the facts.
your station was similar to this image (images are examples only):

I've entered the game after complaints of another player:
(Spectator): woofer.. is illegal building station
And he was right, even if used that "extension" violates rule 7, because only purpose is to extend coverage to reach extra industries. And was NOT as you say, change of station orientation would stop coverage of the 2nd industry. Then, I've entered in your company and fixed to something like this:

Fully respecting our server rule 7. I did not reseted your company and I did not only removed the illegal extension. I rebuild it to receive the transfer you started building after the other player complaints.

Not the 1st time I warn you about similar situations, and after some team-chats I placed this sign
[2015-05-29 12:09:34] * +ttd-srv2 * !! ST2 (#18/1 (Orange)/PT) has placed a sign: "last time I'll fix" - at 719x281 (0x466CF)

In short words: Each station part is built with an intention and is that intention that you must compare with our server rules. I understand your "not happy" concept :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2. Reason: typo
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 not happy - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.