Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Not able to join any servers 6 years 5 months ago #6210

ok. thanks
  • Entrex
  • Jsem z Trutnova
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Not able to join any servers 1 year 11 months ago #8198

Hi - I have just come back to OpenTTD after a few months away. I am fairly new to the whole multi-player thing, and your servers seemed the easiest to access and learn. However, none of your servers are now available for me to join. Have I been banned by chance - or am I just doing something else wrong... Thanks!

Not able to join any servers 1 year 11 months ago #8199

Hi - I have just come back to OpenTTD after a few months away. I am fairly new to the whole multi-player thing, and your servers seemed the easiest to access and learn. However, none of your servers are now available for me to join. Have I been banned by chance - or am I just doing something else wrong... Thanks!

What exactly do you mean by not being available to join? Do they not show up in the server list for you?
If so, make sure you're on version 12.1 and click the "search internet" button in the multiplayer screen.

If you are banned, you should be able to try to join, but get an error saying "you are banned from this server" if you try.
I don't think you are banned though, I looked through the recent bans and didn't see anything.
It could still be an automatic ban, but those are a bit harder to look through, so I'd rather confirm that you are actually banned before I head into that quagmire, also, they shouldn't apply to all servers, just the one you got banned on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Salty
  • Inscius
  • Don't believe anyone. Including me.
  • Thank you received: 56

Last edit: by Inscius.

Not able to join any servers 1 year 10 months ago #8200

Thank you for your response and I see the issue here - Steam has auto-updated me to 12.2. I had a look on the openttd website to see if can download the old 12.1 exe but they only have the 12.2 available. I guess I will just wait until you guys get the servers updated to 12.2. Thanks though!

Not able to join any servers 1 year 10 months ago #8201

Thank you for your response and I see the issue here - Steam has auto-updated me to 12.2. I had a look on the openttd website to see if can download the old 12.1 exe but they only have the 12.2 available. I guess I will just wait until you guys get the servers updated to 12.2. Thanks though!

cdn.openttd.org/openttd-releases/12.1/

;)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Not able to join any servers 1 year 10 months ago #8202

You can also force steam to use an older version. By going to game's properties, and within "Betas" tab select "12.1- 12.1 release".

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Not able to join any servers - Page 3 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.