Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

:S #30 we cant beat that 1hour-highscore. is it even legit? 4 years 2 months ago #7039

We have been trying hard to compete. But only two trains and a small company value looks fishy.
Super nice server and community thus far!!!
---
Source:

Fastest 15 games of 2020 on Server 30
-BTPro.nl- #30 - FIRS APHID's CITYBUILDER - 14000pop|TEMPERATE|1990-GOAL

Rank

Player Name

Total Time taken to reach the Goal

Game Details

loko81

01 Hrs, 19 Min, 21 Sec

Mysticus

02 Hrs, 03 Min, 18 Sec

eyepex

02 Hrs, 03 Min, 18 Sec

tomb

02 Hrs, 07 Min, 33 Sec

cuma

02 Hrs, 15 Min, 30 Sec

Mysticus

02 Hrs, 22 Min, 40 Sec

eyepex

02 Hrs, 22 Min, 40 Sec

eyepex

02 Hrs, 55 Min, 00 Sec

Mysticus

02 Hrs, 55 Min, 00 Sec

Mysticus

03 Hrs, 14 Min, 16 Sec

eyepex

03 Hrs, 14 Min, 16 Sec

Mysticus

03 Hrs, 32 Min, 14 Sec

Mysticus

04 Hrs, 16 Min, 59 Sec

Mysticus

04 Hrs, 56 Min, 50 Sec

Negru

06 Hrs, 06 Min, 10 Sec

----
Game Details

loko81

01 Hrs, 19 Min, 21 Sec

Game Number 2152
Starting Year 2012
Population 14074
Company Value 1.648.648 €
Company Performance 264
Trains 2
  • eyepex
  • eyepex's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

:S #30 we cant beat that 1hour-highscore. is it even legit? 4 years 2 months ago #7040

It was an auto generated score / time by the system, but it indeed looks weird.

I will look into it!

PS: happy that you like the community, thats why we are doing it offcourse :-)

:S #30 we cant beat that 1hour-highscore. is it even legit? 4 years 2 months ago #7041

My thoughts:

Time below 1:30 is very good when the player starts in 1990. loko81 started his play in 2012. Such year gives the player big advantage (faster trains) and also can cause some problems: usually some primary industries produce less resources. But, if you're lucky, you can also spot industries with huge production near your city. Playing FIRS game you can boost production by delivering eng./farm supplies and you can also fund Ports producing supplies. Funding cost a lot, so you finish with low cash in case of quick games.

So, good player (like loko81), starting in 2012, with some luck, industry funding and careful planning can reach the goal in 1:19. It is plausible imho.

Now, my hypothesis about the "fishy" part: low company value and 2 trains only. At the end of the game you reach a milestone, when you are sure that the city will expand to reach the goal even when you stop delivering cargo. I suppose that at that time loko81 sent all the trains to depots and sold almost all of them. Selling trains lowers company value. I never checked that (I'm not selling trains at the end of the game), so it is only a hypothesis.

Anyway,
Enjoy the servers, I wish you a lot of fun! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Inscius
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

:S #30 we cant beat that 1hour-highscore. is it even legit? 4 years 1 month ago #7060

Agreeing with tomb: the later start date is better, I am often beating 2hrs but the earlier I start the longer I tend to need to go to finish.

:S #30 we cant beat that 1hour-highscore. is it even legit? 4 years 1 month ago #7062

ok. Anni manage to go sub 1:30. Dogballs is near that.
They have to still shave some 11minutes off.

What was the best time in last years?

Would be great to see my best time in the leaderboard. All i see is 3players, their best time and also their training-times. Would be great to see 15 different players. But maybe im missing something, why as it is, is better for community. please tell me, so i can rest.

<3 managed 2:44 yesterday. oh yeah!
  • eyepex
  • eyepex's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

:S #30 we cant beat that 1hour-highscore. is it even legit? 4 years 1 month ago #7064

Congratulations on that 2:44, you are not far off! I remember going for 4+ hours when I first started. With any skill, more practice means you will get better.

A game year is 13.5 minutes. If you want to finish at around 2 hours, this is 9 years worth of game time. (9 * 13.5 = 121.5 minutes). This means you have around 17 minutes to build for each of your 7 cargoes.

Remember, in those 17 minutes, sometimes less, you need to set up enough production to last the whole game. Early on you need less building materials than the end of the game, but if you take 17 minutes to set up a basic line that serves the city only NOW and not the future, then you need to take some minutes out of another cargo later to make your target time.

I had a much longer reply but unfortunately my login timed out when I hit submit and this is all I could save! Basically you need to get a stopwatch or timer out and have it count down from 17 minutes, and keep track with paper how long it took you to set up each line.

Good luck!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 :S #30 we cant beat that 1hour-highscore. is it even legit? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.