Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rule number 3 8 years 7 months ago #4661

I dont think so, if the cities are open for everyone, even if you look after, then there should be opportunity to build more statitons by players on one factory... it is a competition game, autors of the game didnt ban it. Sorry guys but for me its pointless rule.
  • Maydlo
  • Maydlo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rule number 3 8 years 7 months ago #4662

The authors of OpenTTD ONLY made the game, NOT servers. Rule #3 is there for a good reason! STOP moaning about it or you will end up making Pass/Mail a secondary/tertiary cargo so then only ONE company can be in a ONE city at any time!
I do not accept random friend requests.
Discord: DanH_#1699
  • DanH
  • I love cookies!
  • Thank you received: 6

Rule number 3 8 years 7 months ago #4663

As ST2 already pointed out. Cities are considered primary resources, they also pretty much work the same way. A city being serviced usually makes them grow (except on CB servers, or on some desert CV servers where it's turned off). Servicing an industry usually makes the industry's production grow, especially on long runnings servers as K1.

There are servers where no competition at all is allowed, I'd suggest to find one of those. Because we believe that the competition is fun, as long as it's not too unfair.

Taking goods from a secondary industry that someone else is providing the primary resources for, is unfair. And it's really simple to avoid any problems. You just find another secondary industry to bring your resources to, if one is being used by someone else already.

And on a final note, if you're really putting effort into growing cities on CV servers, instead of just taking the passengers and mail and moving on to another project to build on, you're generally wasting time and being inefficient, unless it's on K1 again maybe. And I know what the next argument will be, but if you're not playing for a fast time, then what does a little competition in a city matter anyway?
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Rule number 3 8 years 7 months ago #4665

Maydlo has the right to have his opinion, and can be different from ours but in OpenTTD, firstly, you respect global Multiplayer Rules and secondly our BTPro server rules.
Until now havent't seen any Maydlo's valid argument for any rule #3 change so, will be kept as it is now.
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Rule number 3 8 years 7 months ago #4666

It isnt unfair... if everybody can do that, there will be much more competition, players will try to ruin each other, and thats what i want, more competitiv rivals players, it will be harder to reach the goal.
  • Maydlo
  • Maydlo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Rule number 3 8 years 7 months ago #4671

What ST2 said. From the Multiplayer rules:

Always follow the rules set down by the server owner. These may include no "industry stealing" where one player starts a more competitive route than another. This probably varies on a per server basis so if and when a server administrator or operator requests you to stop your current activities because they do not follow the server's guidelines, then do so because excessive rule breaking may result in a ban which might prevent you from playing on any of the official and non official OpenTTD servers.

It's like i said ingame, we have a logical reason for this rule. This time we just don't agree with you. Read what ST2 and vGelder again, perhaps you'll understand.

It's good that you're trying to improve the servers, don't hesitate to do more suggestions if you have any.

@Dan: calm down man, no need to be rude...

Last edit: by Hawky.
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Rule number 3 - Page 4 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.