Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Currently playing - all servers on a single page. 12 years 4 days ago #714

I have some ideas... I will try some mock-ups graphics for changing the top banner to show more server info so everything useful is there at a glance, can it be made slightly deeper? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Currently playing - all servers on a single page. 12 years 4 days ago #715

Great , looking forward to it :-)

The most important thing for me is that the dimensions stay the same which are: 960px × 125px

Surprise us :-) If you can keep the colors a little the way they are, everything is welcome :-)

See you on IRC ;-)

Re: Currently playing - all servers on a single page. 12 years 4 days ago #720

Yeah I would want to keep the colours and style looking open ttd-ish, even if that isnt the greatest of graphical styles...

just a little taster for you.. B)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: Currently playing - all servers on a single page. 12 years 4 days ago #721

Looks pretty cool, but im not sure if this is allowed... It is an official logo (i mean the original openttd one), making a mockup of that logo without permission could get us into trouble...

Correct me please if i'm wrong :-)

Re: Currently playing - all servers on a single page. 12 years 4 days ago #722

Ah yes I do know a bit about this, this is a minefield to be honest, My logo takes clear inspiration from the original but has no part identically the same, (apart from colour values) and is completely vectored in illustrator so there is no DIRECT violation of copy-write. Mine would be a problem if I was to say, code my own transport game and use this logo for it since it could be argued people would mistake my game for the original, but that is not the intention here - it is intended for a fan page/supportive community so far more lee-way is (almost) always given.

The reason I have done this is actually purely formal: The site needs both the ottd logo (for recognition), and to say btpro somewhere (for self promotion), to combine these would leave more room for other cool stuff I have planned on the banner.

Your call Frank, I do understand concerns here :)

Re: Currently playing - all servers on a single page. 12 years 4 days ago #726

Sounds good Teckers :-) I suppose I can just goto the OpenTTD IRC channel and ask planetmaker or someone else from the team if it would be ok... That way i'm sure if we can or can't use it :-)

Looking forward to see more :-)

Last edit: by Frank.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Currently playing - all servers on a single page. - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.