Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Warning to users: 1.4.4 client cannot be trusted 9 years 5 months ago #3673

Hi All,

YorVeX : Thankyou very much for bringing this to our attention, me and a couple of the other admins were shocked when we read this, as were plenty of other people obviously.

TheDude : The Source code that you ask for will be put up to the public as soon as possible

EmpError : Thankyou for your perspective (being on the recieving end), you do ask some very good questions, which we all would like to see the answers too.

ST2 : I have NO idea what the hell was going through your mind when you done this but this is completely Unnacceptable. We expect to see answers and soon, and not the "im sorry ones either", You must also GUARANTEE that this type of behaviour will NEVER happen again. You have a lot of Faith & Trust to rebuild not just to the people that have already posted in this topic, but also to the other admins and players that have read this topic..
I would like to know what that part of code actually did to damage the 3 players gameplay of the server too.

I Sincerely Apologise to ALL players and Admins of the other communities as nobody knew about this, this may have been an action by one person, but it brings all of the admins of BTPro into question.

Regards

HSquishy

Server Admin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, ST2, NAZ, vGelder, EmpError, YorVeX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Warning to users: 1.4.4 client cannot be trusted 9 years 5 months ago #3674

When I noticed, while playing, that some features were not working, I thought there must be a BUG causing the malfunction. But then a colleague broke the NEWS that "the client" has been deliberately modified to cause nuisance to 3 players only,I was upset.
Its a case of ABUSE while entrusted with responsibility to act justly.
I would also like to know which of my actions have caused someone to behave in such a way.Someone who has been given authority.
If this was a matter between two players, the SORRY would go a long way and matter would come to a conclusion.
As HSquishy says "We expect to see answers and soon".
  • NAZ
  • Thank you received: 0

Warning to users: 1.4.4 client cannot be trusted 9 years 5 months ago #3678

Taking into account that my next words will never justify my actions and that was an isolated action, there's nothing I can say that will turn it back as it was. It was done. Period.
At any point the client was dangerous to the user computers/accounts, it was only a limitation for specific users (my selfish and unjustified action). But my action of adding something after the "regular" broke the trust with players, and most important, among admin team.
I could say what crossed my mind when made it, but none is valid so, it's pointless and was a selfish move! It's my entire fault and NOT of other BTPro admins. My apologies goes first to them and after specifically to Frank, YorVeX and HSquishy. And next to BTPro players and OpenTTD community in general.
Now it doesn't change much saying that "won't happen again", the damage is done! But I do not know what better way to show my repentance.

sincerely, my apologies
JRC - ST2

Edit: As I said, client was never dangerous to players. Was fixed!
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Warning to users: 1.4.4 client cannot be trusted 9 years 5 months ago #3679

Really, you want to say what is pointless for us to know and what not? If it is so pointless that it is not worth to be told, you still risk BTPROs reputation for it?

Working to improve trustabilty is done a bit differently. Right, it can't be undone, but bring at least some light into it. Without bringing up clear reasons, you show your disrespect to the people and the communities involved.

Warning to users: 1.4.4 client cannot be trusted 9 years 5 months ago #3680

Its "Water-under-the-bridge" for me now.Lets move on :)
  • NAZ
  • Thank you received: 0

Warning to users: 1.4.4 client cannot be trusted 9 years 5 months ago #3681

What a big vendetta. And apologies are also back again. Come on ST2 and show us the whole source code - you have surely saved it for the next openttd client. But when you do, and if you come to bring the truth, you have to have the guts to resign. However, I appeal to you to show us your strenght and to bear the consequences and to resign from your positions too. I also expect an answer from Frank to this topic. I would know if he tolerates such a admin. Players have to know it too.
  • Chucky
  • n-ice admin
  • Thank you received: 10

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Warning to users: 1.4.4 client cannot be trusted - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.