Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Banned withouth reason 10 years 3 months ago #2508

As I run a moderately large forum myself, I can say that IP sharing should not be permitted on public forums, so I've covered it up in tomate's post.

As for what you're going on about, there was likely a valid reason behind the ban. You should not be hijacking other people's topics; Instead you should create your own ban appeal topic and be more professional about it. Blatantly saying "You shouldn't be an admin" isn't going to go anywhere unless you provide solid proof why he shouldn't be.
William Wolfe
  • Wolfe
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Banned withouth reason 10 years 3 months ago #2509

Thanks for that action Wolfe...

Well.. About creating topics.. I don't know, like I explained already.. IP banning has zero impact on an experienced person on the Internet. I run some very large forums and gaming servers myself and I think I've seen it all the last 10 years.

Considering tomato.. I don't think it's not worth it for me to make large stories about it, in time it will show, seen it happening before. It's just an early warning, I can see why admins get "insulted" (thats why I replied on this topic), this guy is not really an admin.. It's a person with too many buttons .. Calling someone retarded admin is not really an insult in my opinion, if that already is an insult you've seen nothing yet.

It's funny.. I play TTD to escape the normal life a bit.. After three years of playing I end up with the same stupid characters all of a sudden :) .. Ah well.. Maybe better.. Will see.
  • xyz
  • Thank you received: 1

Last edit: by xyz.

Banned withouth reason 10 years 3 months ago #2511

xyz wrote: Great policy to share IP addresses on the Internet. Good to know, people with a static IP must be really careful to play on BTPro as long as tomato is running around.

You was not helping by the way and you have no idea what spreading is.

What do you want to show with this post anyway? Never heard of VPN? I can have any IP from any country which I would like. I already had a nice play today.

For anyone who received a ban from this kid; www.vpngate.net/en/ .. Enjoy.

I was online when tomate gave you 2 days tempban and I saw the words you used after he sent you to spectators to fix your stations illegal spreads... so, I agree with tomate... " you loose your temper" at some point! And he tried to tell you where was the illegal spreads earlier! He only put you out of the company, joined the company to fix it and would leave signs telleing what he fixed... but you didn't gave him time... instead, you called him "retarded"!

Now... while I'm making this post, xyz is playing on a BTPro server, probably using another IP address. But as he says, "people with a static IP must be really careful to play on BTPro"! But players that respect server rules (dynamic or static IP) souldn't worry about it.

But and always a but! It's not the case of xyz and for this words: "What do you want to show with this post anyway? Never heard of VPN? I can have any IP from any country which I would like. I already had a nice play today."

xyz, you could simply ask in a own thread why you where banned! and ask to be unbanned...
and if you can't find another excuse to avoid the ban that the use of a direct IP ban... you're missing some rules, for sure!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueBox
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2.

Banned withouth reason 10 years 3 months ago #2512

BlueBox wrote: xyz, ich muss mal kurz wissen: meinst du den "behinderten" (retarded) oder den "zurückhaltenden" (retard)..?

Sorry to the non-german reader, its just a quastion about the meaning.

I don't know, I am not German (people need to stop thinking that an IP address == nationality. Because it's not). Retarded means doing something without knowledge of the matter.

ST2 wrote: to fix your stations illegal spreads...

There was nothing illegal about it. Thats the funny thing. Even more funny is that I actually asked for an admin.

ST2 wrote: and ask to be unbanned...

Sorry.. Not interested.. I simply go do something else. Good luck here with running the show :)
  • xyz
  • Thank you received: 1

Banned withouth reason 10 years 3 months ago #2513

xyz wrote: I don't know, I am not German (people need to stop thinking that an IP address == nationality. Because it's not). Retarded means doing something without knowledge of the matter.

retarded is like "handicapped" or "daft" ... not the right words from anyone how use a ip services to play a game.

And be sure, i dont think thats a IP says any about the nationality of anyone.

BB
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2

Last edit: by BlueBox.

Banned withouth reason 10 years 3 months ago #2514

Sorry, but I just HAVE to reply here. Tomate: never share an ip address like that on the internet in the future.

Second: xyz: what the hell is wrong with you? Tomate is trying, just as much as all other moderators to keep the game safe and calm from trolls and the only thing you do is drill him into the ground? What about making usefull comments which would actually help tomate in his moderator job? Which he by the way does within his spare time just like any other admin on BTPro.

If you have such good understanding of all the rules and know EXACTLY what spreading is, why don't (or aren't) you a moderator in an openttd community? And don't say its to much work, otherwise you should respect tomate's work even more!

Sharing IP addresses is wrong, you comment: also VERY wrong.

Frank

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Banned withouth reason - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.