Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Banned for destroying my *own* vehicles? 10 years 3 months ago #2526

Hi there, just got around to sorting out my forum login but I thought I'd relate an issue I had with one of the server operators a while ago (2-3 months ago) before I joined up with the forum.

I was playing on one of the BT Pro servers and had basically become bored, as I was quite in front of the opposition so I decided to call it a day and started blowing up my *own* trucks for fun.

An admin joined and kick/banned my from the servers without saying why. I then had to find the IRC channel to find out why. I was told in IRC by (ST2 maybe?) that I was banned for destroying vehicles. This was causing spam on his monitor bot, which is why they noticed, joined the server and kicked me without telling me why. I basically had a very long "conversation" with him about the issue, my point being that I hadn't actually broken any rule, whereas his point was that it was causing problems with their bot. This conversation went on for many hours so whoever the admin was will probably remember it.

My question is this:

Is it against the rules to deliberately destroy your own vehicless?
  • Pleb
  • Pleb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
The topic has been locked.

Banned for destroying my *own* vehicles? 10 years 3 months ago #2527

hi :)

when a RV is destroyed by a train, it's sent to IRC a message similar to this: * +ttd-srv17 * !! Unnamed (10/White) had a crash (vehicle ID 6071: road vehicle was destroyed by a train at 0x100554).

when this type os msgs appears consecutively and repeatedly there's 2 options:
1 - Someone is sabotaging another player RV's
2 - Someone is bored and decided to "annoy" some admins making them worry about the vehicle destroying... our first thought is always: it's case nr 1.

So, if the rules say "The main intention of these rules and of every admin watching the servers is to keep the fun for all players up. If you work against that intention and constantly annoy players and/or admins – even with only things that the rules don't explicitly forbid – you're still risking to get warned/kicked/banned!", do you think that destroying RV's (even own ones) intentionally, is an acceptable behaviour or even normal to reach server goal?

Answer my question and you'll get the answer to your own question!
Hope it helps and enjoy the games :)

Edit: link to rules page
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628
Last edit: by ST2.

Banned for destroying my *own* vehicles? 10 years 3 months ago #2528

So essentially, if you annoy an admin, for whatever reason, it's grounds for a ban?
  • Pleb

Banned for destroying my *own* vehicles? 10 years 3 months ago #2529

well, that doesn't seem to be the answer to the question I made...

do I need to make it again, or you can read it on my other post?
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Banned for destroying my *own* vehicles? 10 years 3 months ago #2530

You know we've already discussed this to death, but the way I read it is:

1. I annoyed an admin by spawning kill messages on their bot
2. That admin then banned me, because they assumed I was doing it to annoy them.

Leading me to reason that:
"If you annoy an admin (ie make it less fun for them) then they can ban you".
  • Pleb

Banned for destroying my *own* vehicles? 10 years 3 months ago #2531

So, if the rules say "The main intention of these rules and of every admin watching the servers is to keep the fun for all players up. If you work against that intention and constantly annoy players and/or admins – even with only things that the rules don't explicitly forbid – you're still risking to get warned/kicked/banned!", do you think that destroying RV's (even own ones) intentionally, is an acceptable behaviour or even normal to reach server goal?
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Banned for destroying my *own* vehicles? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.