Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Ranklist is not fair ATM. 9 years 2 months ago #3937

Hi

For the rank list to be fair i think you guys need to take a look at how many points there will be giving on the 25 pop CB servers. Because you get like 30+ points for 1.25 hours of playing but on the big CV server where you play 3.5-4 hours you get the same and on the K1 server where one game takes +8.5 hours and you get 70.

I don't think that's fair. :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Commodore
The topic has been locked.

Ranklist is not fair ATM. 9 years 2 months ago #3940

Server - Game - Playtime - Match years - Result - Points - Winner
No. 9 - 1221 - 5:08:32 - 22 - 1.007.921.888 - 30 - Cascades
No. 9 - 1222 - 5:08:44 - 22 - 1.008.649.236 - 25 - Arthur Dent

I do not understand

What is the difference in these two games almost identical, except for the 5 points difference in the calculation of the points system.

Who can explain it?

Arthur

Ranklist is not fair ATM. 9 years 2 months ago #3941

I see 1 possible reason for the points difference:
gameid - trains - roadvehicles - ships - aircraft
1221 - 13 - 12 - 0 - 39 (64)
1222 - 35 - 6 - 58 - 23 (122)

One of the factors in the calculation is the number of vehicles used because if a player reaches the goal in almost equal times but with less vehicles (~half in this case), means they are more effective and company is rewarded for that. Hope it clears your doubt Arthur Dent.

@Poniter: About the difference of points among servers, balance them is a work in progress (and not easy ^^). We'll try to balance them more fairly. Thanks for reporting.
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628
Last edit: by ST2.

Ranklist is not fair ATM. 9 years 2 months ago #3942

Also keep in mind that the performance of the companies which you are playing in is also of BIG concern for the points calculation.

If you achieve the same in the same amount of time, but you have a bigger performance counter, this will for sure influence the amount of points given.

Please note that finding a decent algorithm for score calculation among CV games, CB games and now cargo games is something that is VERY difficult. We are using a different calculation for CV and CB games, so sometimes things can vary a little bit. We are working on this to make it more accurate almost every day, but again: not easy!

If you think that you can donate some time to think with us about the algorithm, please join our IRC channel and mention this, help is ALWAYS welcome :-)

Ranklist is not fair ATM. 9 years 2 months ago #3943

"if a player reaches the goal in almost equal times but with less vehicles means they are more effective"

absolutely surreal assumption

Ranklist is not fair ATM. 9 years 2 months ago #3944

I think I kind of get the point you want to make, but please explain why you don't agree with that, because that's completely unclear to me now.

I mean, it's obvious that if all circumstances are the same, the vehicles were used more efficient if you used less, especially in CV games.

But I'm guessing that the point you're trying to make is that the other player managed to build more and maybe has a faster building speed or something?

I would personally say that understanding the game mechanics should beat just being a fast builder, so that being efficient with your vehicles should indeed give you higher points. But please explain in a bit more detail why you don't agree please, Silly Sad.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Ranklist is not fair ATM. - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.