Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What about a cp goal? 11 years 11 months ago #828

All the servers here have a company value goal. This means the gameplay focuses on making millions. Its nice to play this way, but I suggest to have a company performance goal on some server. The difference is that more parameters are used to calculate the company performance, not only the money made. These things affect the gameplay and it is more tricky to get a good performance than to get big money.

Parameters involved in company performance:

- Number of vehicules (impact on performance: average)
- Number of stations (impact: average)
- Min profit: the minimum profit you make during a year (impact: average)
- Min income: the minimum income you make in a year (impact: low)
- Max income (impact: average)
- Delivered cargo (impact: high)
- Types of cargo delivered (impact: low)
- Money (impact: low)
- Loan (impact: low)

To get a good performance you don't need only to make money but to make sure all your vehicules are profitable, to transport diferent cargo types and to transport high volumes.

I used to play on a company perfomance server, which is dead now. The gameplay is different, and you can reach the goal by different tactics, concentrating on one aspect of the performance calculation or another.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: What about a cp goal? 11 years 11 months ago #829

Hi Calimero,

Thanks for your suggestion... I will see what I can do to implement this.

Best Regards,

Frank

Re: What about a cp goal? 11 years 11 months ago #830

A goal of 500 cp would be reasonable. If the goal is too high it would be all about who transports the most cargo, as the delivered cargo parameter counts for about 40% in the calculation. I suggest a map with less industries for this kind of game, or it would be too fast and easy to reach the goal only by amount of cargo.
I also suggest to limit the loan to 200k to make it a slower start, because the game would be shorter than the actual 25M cv goal.

To check the difference between cv and cp check ingame both graphs, and you will see that the one who leads in money does not take the lead in cp for that.

If you need testers let me know.

Last edit: by calimero.

Re: What about a cp goal? 11 years 9 months ago #1019

I think it's also possible to have a combination of those; A cv and cp goal in one game, like you have to get a cv of 25M and also 500cp or so. This makes the cv a bit more important. :)

Re: What about a cp goal? 11 years 9 months ago #1020

Well, our friends at n-ice already do Company Performance and value combined, so we try to offer something different on our servers...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 What about a cp goal? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.