Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Autoreset servers suggestions 12 years 5 days ago #751

When the server is running for a while with or without people actually playing om them, its quite impossible to start a late company. The inflation is skyhigh and with short trainline or truckline it will be kinda boring to even think about starting late.

This counts to all servers imo.

Suggestion 1: Reset the server when the goal isnt reached after a certain time-span.

Suggestion 2: put off inflation and make sure the total loan-ability doesnt increase either. this makes sure that there are no real (dis)advantages for any1 too.

Suggestion 3: Invoke an autosweep/reset company for some (long) servers when companies are empty for a long time. Use this combined with auto-server-reset so that when the server is empty at say, 25 years from the start, it gets reset.

Suggestion 4: Mutate the max loan so it can keep up better along with the inflation, which is now much higher than the loan upscale.

I'd root for option 2, which is way far the easiest one to code/adjust/invoke on your servers
  • solo
  • solo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Autoreset servers suggestions 12 years 5 days ago #754

Dont forget you can !voterestart if you come across a server with a late date and no clients, I do this all the time as I prefer to start at the start.

Re: Autoreset servers suggestions 12 years 5 days ago #760

you can't really reset a server if there are still people playing

even if they're all bad and can't end the game in 100 years then it's not really fair :p

Teckers wrote: Dont forget you can !voterestart if you come across a server with a late date and no clients, I do this all the time as I prefer to start at the start.

empty-quotin', I !voterestart tons of servers

Re: Autoreset servers suggestions 12 years 5 days ago #762

o god is there really such an option available here?:D

good thing!

u can close topic ;)

EDIT: Wait... does that mean i can voterestart over and over untill i think the map is worth a shot?
  • solo
  • solo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 17

Last edit: by solo.

Re: Autoreset servers suggestions 12 years 5 days ago #764

Yes, when there are no other users online, you can! If there are others online its getting into a vote... If all players vote yes, you get a new map, otherwise you have to wait!

Type !help in the game to see all triggers!

Re: Autoreset servers suggestions 12 years 5 days ago #768

solo wrote: o god is there really such an option available here?:D

good thing!

u can close topic ;)

EDIT: Wait... does that mean i can voterestart over and over untill i think the map is worth a shot?

Ya, I !voterestart maps once in a while on servers to get a fun one. Like one that invites two-way trains etc.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Autoreset servers suggestions - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.