Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ranklist (2) 9 years 3 months ago #3972

I've created this to follow on from the previous thread, in order to collect more examples of the scoring as it stands at present. I'll hope that others will try and colate more information when adding to this, rather than to take the thread off on a tangent like before :huh:

I do not have the knowledge to assist in the creation of a fairer system, but certainly i can't see this action of finding more discrepancies to be examined to illustrate where the points system seems a little unfair.

See attached:
(-BTPro.nl- #2 - LONG GOAL - 1000MIL|TEMPERATE|1975-GOAL|75SHPS|100AIR)
In this jpeg, if points were the ultimate goal, Arthur Dent could match my score of 33 pts, in 1/3rd of the time. by completing 3, 30 mins games (like that of game 1227), as opposed to my 4h45m game (1211). Yes I concur that there will be many factors, of which i'm not looking for an explanation for/from. I also appreciate other's can be better players than myself.

Also of note, game 1226 was a rather poor attempt by the same player, since like me he accumulated a lot longer game to yield relatively fewer points than that of game 1227.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ranklist (2) 9 years 3 months ago #3973

Hi Commocore

Like we talked about in the first Ranklist post, the CV server is not having the right calculating vs CB servers. As you are pointing out the calculating of the point on all the CV server is not good. Not even when you play on the same server. This is something I´m working hard on finding a solution for.
Because I really like to play on the CV servers and I like stats, but when its unfair I dont link to play I like to fix the problem so I can get a fair score.

At the moment the calculation for the CV score is crap and not working, so we need to redo it. But its hard to get it right and that's what we are trying to do at the moment. But things takes time and hard things take a little more time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Ranklist (2) - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.