Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

XX -YETI TEST- 250.000 cargo - 8.000.0 9 years 6 months ago #3656

Hello,
I tried the xx server and I must say the selection of YETI industries is very nice, also the goal and gameplay.

I only stumbled upon some things that could use some improvements or bug fixes in goal gui.

Generally I would suggest to make the number to be formatted better. There exists string formates with more user friendly output.

www.novapolis.net/data/garbage/cargogoal.png
At this image you can see that last year income in goal gui is different from that in finance window. While I use $ the gamescript calculates with pounds and it shows them in pounds too. Why not use CUR_SHORT string format for it instead of NUM. Also for cargo COMMA would be better.

www.novapolis.net/data/garbage/cargogoal2.png
Second image shows some bug probably, while goal is 8M €, I actually needed twice as much because gamescript again calculates with pounds. Also the goal could be better formatted, 8000000 is bad to read, better would be 8 M or 8,000,000

Also since the game can end in middle of the year, it might worth to calculate income from last 4 quaters instead of only at the end of the year.

And, well, how do you upload images to posts? It does not work actually.
Admin of Novapolis OpenTTD servers, www.novapolis.net
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank
  • TheDude
  • TheDude's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novapolis admin
  • Thank you received: 11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by TheDude.

XX -YETI TEST- 250.000 cargo - 8.000.0 9 years 6 months ago #3657

Sound like good suggestions. Actually I stumbled upon all of the points you mentioned. I also calculated most things from total of last 4 quarters (in stead of years) some even from last 12 months.

ST2, did I ever send you the last version of my (very incomplete) script? Sounds like you could use some parts for what you are doing atm. It also seems like (dunno if true) the goal is a string only. If you use a variable and CUR_SHORT again in the goal it will allways correspond with the progress string (and be easier to read).

Anyways looks nice. I will check it out and it kinda motivates me to restart work on my attempt as well :) Will do so soon (tm)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 XX -YETI TEST- 250.000 cargo - 8.000.0 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.