Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Custom Maps and Scenario's 9 years 10 months ago #3127

I've not had much success making and testing maps, mainly as i'm a noob to introducing NewGRF's to solo games based on custom maps, however is it possible to make custom maps which can then be changed with the addition or subtraction of NewGRF's post creation?

Though, whilst i do want the above answered, i notice that BTPro has no upload custom map page, whilst i can appreciate in the balance of fairness most if not all maps currently in use are generated randomly based on templates. It would be nice to see both custom (reviewed and rated by the community) maps to be hosted on special event servers and for the solo gamer on BTPro.

Also in order to make interesting scenarios for less experienced players, games hosted could be saved at the halfway point (based on the goals of that game), and then posted in a special section where players can download these games with the intention of being pitted against existing but non-controlled companies in an effort to win before those existing non controlled companies win. This in my opinion would help newer players understand a bit more about how to win games, which in turn helps everyone.

Whilst i appreciate many would argue which games should be saved, if a server had limited storage space for example, i would suggest that the games which comprise any of the top 100 ranked BTPro players. Then we could have a ranking system for the best scenario created from a save game from one of our servers (where we, the members can vote).

It would also bolster the nostalgia for the top 100 players to have a permanent record of well played game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.023 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Custom Maps and Scenario's - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.