Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Suggestion about records 10 years 2 months ago #2667

There is some misconception about records. Most records you see are more or less set on monorail/maglev.

My suggestion would be that games that become records should have the starting date of company also beside it. Because when someone nearly beat a monorail record with normal rails it is more or less a record so mono/normal rails should have a stamp on em telling what rails were used for the record which in the case would be the actual starting date.

Many people "cheat" by waiting until they get monorail. Same as me and gelder might wait 2 year for sh125 for example. But thats not as bad as waiting for monorail or pre-fixing the map cheat. Im not saying monorail is cheat but for the records alike people could think some are supermans as the records are set in mono/maglev which is not so superman :D

Ma 27 cents..
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
The following user(s) said Thank You: netwerkkabel1
  • Saber
  • Saber's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ
  • Thank you received: 34

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Suggestion about records 10 years 2 months ago #2668

I think this is a good idea (for people that care about records)
Personally I feel that this is a general weak point of the scoring system (the fact that time is one of the most important factors) and the duration if such games. Resetting the map after 1 hour if there are no active clients solves this to some extent, but as long as there are active companies all the time, there is not much that can be done I guess.

Suggestion about records 10 years 2 months ago #2669

Ehm... One record that we thought were monorail we actually beat today which was Desert quick 25 mil. Were now beaten by cs2400 train start :D

I still would like to see what year people started at when they got their record.
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
  • Saber
  • Saber's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ
  • Thank you received: 34

Last edit: by Saber.

Suggestion about records 10 years 2 months ago #2672

so just build faster! XD

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Suggestion about records - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.