Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Improved "goal reached" handling 10 years 6 months ago #2314

Hello,

First of all compliments on the bt pro community, only recently got back into playing openttd (winter's coming).

I am not sure if the code that handles the "goal reached" part of the game is part of btpro or openttd core, but....

I notice that when the goal is reached, everything happens very quickly and not very obvious.
If you don't pay attention to the chat on the left bottom, you suddenly find yourself bankrupted because the games is over.
This is not a big problem, but most of the time I don't know at how many % I was and all the rest.
Would it be possible to show a window with the end result of the game?
Maybe even with how many points everybody earned?
Something similar to the login window?

Cheers,

Opper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Improved "goal reached" handling 10 years 6 months ago #2315

You can read in the chat how many points u got if you are logged in. If you missed that you can press the key 0 and then a black thing appears on the top of your window and here you can read everything what was written in the chat since you started the Open TTD. This works even if the game is over and you are on the game's main screen. Press the 0 again and the black thing disappears.
(I don't know if it is the key 0 on every kind of keyboard, if I remember well, others used to say this is the key ยง, which is on the 0 for me)
  • NaB
  • Thank you received: 6

Improved "goal reached" handling 10 years 6 months ago #2318

yes, that information is sent through the chat, always possible to check opening console... hitting the key below ESC (above TAB, or at left of 1) - same key to close it.
Other option is checking it on website... under CV scores/ CB scores, select the propper server... info is showed there!
Creating a new window on the final showing different info to each player (like the one when creating a new company) maybe can spam DB with requests... but there I'm not familiar with!
Anyway... hope it helps a bit :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Improved "goal reached" handling 10 years 6 months ago #2320

yeah the console could help out, didn't think of that.
I think the '`' key also triggers the console on us-int keyboard layout.
still a screen would be nicer :)

Improved "goal reached" handling 10 years 6 months ago #2322

just tried the console thingy, but it doesn't show each players score/result/number of inhabitants for CB for example.
only shows your own points, but not placing, % etc.

Improved "goal reached" handling 10 years 6 months ago #2323

If you scroll further up you can see the last standing, shouldn't be too far up unless a lot of public chat happened. It's not the final results, but it should always be fairly close. And as said before, the scores of all logged players can be found at the scoring pages. There's only a limited time to watch the results between getting goal and a new game anyway.

A screen would definetely be nice, I'm sure the person(s) responsible for improvements on the scripts has/have seen this topic. If they think it's a good idea and they have the time to implement it, they just might.

Either way, they idea is noted, I don't think there's need for a big discussion on this topic. The option you suggested isn't available now in the way you mean it. There are ways that give you an idea of the final results, but nothing as exact and easy to access as your idea.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Improved "goal reached" handling - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.