Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Suggestion: server status overview on website 11 years 5 months ago #1399

Currently, some servers are down and I can't figure out which ones are up and which ones are down. I was thinking, why isn't there some kind of server list on this website to quickly spot if a server is down. In case it is down, a message could be displayed in the list to let players know what is happening with the server they wanted to play on.
  • Amras
  • Amras's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Suggestion: server status overview on website 11 years 5 months ago #1408

Hey Amras :)

Ah the reason why all the servers were done, was because we started the upgrade of the servers to OTTD 1.2.3 :) This has been finished, and now all servers are up and running.

But you do raise a very good point, one which would be a nice addition to have! We of course have the 'Currently Playing' page for each server, so if one is unable to view and information on the page, it would most likely be offline.

We always thrive to have minimal downtime on our servers and usually lasts for 5 to 10 minutes if changes are being made (which is not a common occurance) and of course an hour or two for a total version change to OTTD 1.2.3 like what was experienced today.

So don't forget to download either OTTD 1.2.3 from the official website or the new BTPro Player Client avialable now from the BTPro OpenTTD Client Talk page!

Regards,

cxc
Server Admin
  • cxc
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 35

Last edit: by cxc.

Suggestion: server status overview on website 10 years 7 months ago #2127

Hello, just a question here as I dont want to start new topic. Can CB servers on website under CB Scores have any description? I mean SRV 10 - CB goal, SRV 11 - CB goal, and so on, what about SRV 10 - CB 8K DES, SRV 11 - CB 25K DES. I it will ease the process of finding the right page as they do not follow any pattern like, 8K DES, 25K DES, 8K TEMP, 25K TEMP. Maybe it is just me not wanting to remember which number is what but I think it will be nice little improvement to make life a little bit easier.

With love, lightekk
  • lightekk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Suggestion: server status overview on website 10 years 7 months ago #2134

Well since you are the first to say maybe it is just you ;)

But yeah that could be a good way to go, to make it simplier to navigate through without needing to remember server numbers. I'll see what I can do :)

Regards,

cxc
Server Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightekk
  • cxc
  • Thank you received: 35

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Suggestion: server status overview on website - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.