Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Problem with server (AGAIN) :-( 12 years 2 months ago #506

We are experiencing problems again with our server... So: We have made some precautions to try to get rid of these problems, here is what is changed (mostly on the LONG GOAL servers for now)

1: On the LONG goal servers the maps are made smaller (1024x512 CHANGED IT BACK TO 1024x1024), because these servers were actually the ones wo gave us the problems we think (they were utilizing the CPU of the server for 50% non-stop)

2: On the LONG goal servers the autoclean function is changed to get rid of empty companies (because every company uses CPU and memory, especially when there are like 300 trains in them)

The autoclean variables are now as follows:

Autoclean Empty Unprotected Companies (No password) after: 12 gamemonths
Autoclean Empty Protected Companies (With password) after: 72 gamemonths
Autoclean Companies without ANY Vehicles after: 1 gamemonth

3: For now the !saveme trigger is disabled on the LONG GOAL servers, we will try to get this option back ASAP.

SO: Just make sure to stay IN your company when you leave the computer. Just try to leave the computer running and connected to the server you are playing on to not get autocleaned when you are AFK.

This is for us now the only way to make sure the servers are not getting "to much", so we hope you all can live with these changes for now...

We REALLY need a more powerfull server to give everyone the best experience possible, but as you know we are all vollunteers, so if you can spare some dollars (or euros, or slotties, or whatever :D) please consider to donate something to the community.

Thanks and best regards,

Frank
Server Admin
  • Frank
  • Frank's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Frank.

Re: Problem with server (AGAIN) :-( 12 years 2 months ago #508

I know it may not be permanent, but a long server at that size doesn't work. I know the long server was going wonky as hell last night but there was some dude with 300+ ships and ~10 uncleaned companies with no players in them just sitting idle and taking up resources.

Wouldn't a ship / plane limit and the autoclean options you implemented be enough? Because the 1xxx*5xx map size really doesn't work for a long goal server.

Re: Problem with server (AGAIN) :-( 12 years 2 months ago #509

Allright, you know what Zalmar, you are right...

I've changed the maps back to 1024x1024, BUT, the autoclean is still active...

Funny by the way that everyone is allways complaining about what we do while we NEVER receive any donations or whatever in what kind of form :-S > Just my thoughts...

Frank
  • Frank
  • Frank's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 373

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.025 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Problem with server (AGAIN) :-( - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.