Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Isn't it cheating? 9 years 2 weeks ago #4261

Hello gentlemen,

I would like to ask if it is a type of cheating. CAPS is attached.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Isn't it cheating? 9 years 2 weeks ago #4262

No, this isn't cheating.

And the effects of what is done are getting grossly overestimated in my opinion.
Getting the passengers and mail from inside the town works and is allowed. For fast growth you need to get your rating up, so a few busstations early on are good for growth (I usually get 8, I see a lot of people use 4). Later on, mail is usually hardest to get, which is why in-town mail is a good idea to add. Personally I only get 4 truckstops (or 8 on 25k). If you place them wisely, they could cover a big area. Getting as many as in the screenshot is just a waste of time in my opinion. If you have a mainline where you have paxtrains going to town, it takes minimal effort to connect 1 more city.

More stations DOES NOT equal more growth.

As soon as you hit the maximum company rating in your town, it's just a matter of staying there.

So in short, it takes a lot of work for maybe a few percent more mail, in the time the red player spent on his town, I can connect an extra city and have time to spare for other stuff.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Isn't it cheating? 9 years 2 weeks ago #4263

Sorry; I didn't explain well:

These are not combined stations. All vehicles are in a loopb- because two ends of the road are closed.

There are 20 stations close to eachother in a road. Two end of road is closed. Mail and pax is carried from one to another by a lot of road vehicles without generating any benefit.

If it isn't cheat, the game loses its reality. There is no transportation here. It is manipulation of city growing algorithm.

Isn't it cheating? 9 years 2 weeks ago #4264

I saw exactly what is up, and my response remains the same.

How is it manipulating the city growing algorithm?
  • vGelder
  • Thank you received: 55

Isn't it cheating? 9 years 2 weeks ago #4265

I've same opinion as vGelder because that amount of stations only gives work, without the considered revenue. Actually, as stated here , to increase ratings/town growth only needs "loading and unloading at least one item of cargo at up to five stations within town influence within a two month period". More than that, it's superfluous. Ofc, depends on town size, but as told previously, 8 truck/bus stops are enough :)

So, it's only a time waster and therefore, not considered cheating because not getting any unfair advantage on the technique used ^^
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Isn't it cheating? 9 years 2 weeks ago #4266

Ok. I got it now :) More than 8 is useless.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Isn't it cheating? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.