Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

how long can i be offline? 10 years 9 months ago #1958

yesterday i started playing server11 citybuilder with 25.000 pop and my chousen town was Gundhattan Ridge , i spend like a few hours to play that and at 3.15am i went to bed i turn off the computer , now when i enter the server my ALL COMPANIE disapper but the city is still there ....

why? how long can i be offline ? i only went offline for about 11 hours

and no reset was made because player RED got all equal

do i need to LOGOUT with the code?
how many hours can i left the game?
  • LEmure
  • LEmure's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

how long can i be offline? 10 years 9 months ago #1959

Well on most of our servers we have an automatic reset policy for companies which can be seen in game by using the following command: !resetinfo

All servers have slightly different reset times depending on how popular they are to ensure free spaces at all times of the day if people have left their companies are no longer ingame.

For server 11 the automatic resets information is shown below.

Automatic reset: passworded: 24 month(s); not passworded: 12 month(s); no vehicles: 1 month(s)

Given that one year in OpenTTD is 13.505 minutes. This means that a 24 month passworded company would be reset after 27 minutes of not being in the game.

To avoid your company being autocleaned you should always be present in your company or make it up before the timer expires.

In your case of being offline for about 11 hours. You have had your company reset automatically. Also the typical length of the game for server 11 is much less than the 11 hours too. So by the time you came back on, possible 1 or even 2 more games could have been played in this time.

I hope this clears up the mystery of automatic resets for offline players
The following user(s) said Thank You: LEmure
  • cxc
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 35

how long can i be offline? 10 years 9 months ago #1961

thanks you have been very polite and very explicit , but still not fair , at this moment 29% is completed, when i left the game 11 hours ago i was like 9 % , this server must take some hours to fininsh .
its very frustating seen all hard work destroyed ... oh well next time i must read more rules

Next time i can do only 1 thing , go to sleep and letf the game online and logged in ....
  • LEmure
  • LEmure's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2

how long can i be offline? 10 years 9 months ago #1963

I am sorry to hear about what happened though, it has happened to all of us at some stage in our gaming career. We do try our best to ensure that our policies are fair to all players ingame or not. Obviously the longer the goal of the server, the harder it is to strike that perfect balance.

My best advice will be the same as what you just said. If you are going to sleep or be away for a long period of time then it will always be best to stay logged into the server and be in your company.
  • cxc
  • Thank you received: 35

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 how long can i be offline? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.