Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

about town_layout 11 years 3 weeks ago #1750

Dear Diary:
"It's already Wednesday and had a tiring tuesday working day... 3AM, what todo to relax a bit?"
Suddenly, Diary whispered to me "play OpenTTD" and I said: Challenge accepted!
Since Frank re-Started BTPro CB#2 I was to try it and at that moment was empty... so, here we go!!
But... puff... in couple minutes more 3 players. While I was choosing the correct train (server deserve a try only for that... even more because of the gameplay) - took about 3 minutes - saw how challenging it can be ^^.
Anyway, after that I tried to collect some opinions about what's the best town_layout for a CityBuilder... this one called my attention:

[04:50:55] <%ttd-srvcb02> ST2 (Pink): question: town_layout is now set as random. Do you prefer in 2x2 or 3x3 grid?
[04:51:55] <%ttd-srvcb02> Keeper (Orange): 2x2, 3x3 grid wastes 1 slot every square
[04:52:11] <%ttd-srvcb02> ST2 (Pink): personally I agree with it :)
[04:54:29] <%ttd-srvcb02> Keeper (Orange): 3x3 only useful for a server with high aircraft limit and a set with decent helicopters
[04:54:39] <%ttd-srvcb02> Keeper (Orange): so you can stick a heliport in the waste squares
[04:54:59] <%ttd-srvcb02> ST2 (Pink): damn... you "stole" my thoughts :P

As I said, personally I prefer for CB servers a town_layout (examples here) with 2x2 grid
  • ST2
  • ST2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 about town_layout - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.