Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

CityBuilder: have planes or not?. What about both? 11 years 4 months ago #1490

I was thinking about planes in the citybuilder server.

Having planes or not causes different gameplays. There are some people who like to play citybuilder with planes and there are some who don't.
What about make 2 citybuilder, one with planes and 10k goal and an other without planes and lower goal?
There are 10 company value goal servers, what about 2 citybuilder servers?

Having an other citybuilder server would be good for other reasons too, for example if i can't join in one of them, beacause there are too many players or it is too late, then there would be the other one.

Nah, it's only a suggestion, I wait your responses. :)
  • NaB
  • NaB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: CityBuilder: have planes or not?. What about both? 11 years 4 months ago #1496

Right now airfields are used for spreading and that ought to be banned. Because people are avoiding the no spreading rule via airfields by putting on a couple of meaningless airplanes to dodge the no spreading rule in a technical sense. Its still against the spirit of the rule and I think the admins should decide to be more agressive against the breaking of this rule and I think this can only be done by banning station connections with airfields. Its a huge eyesore to see airfield spreading and the admins do nothing.

If that doesn't happen I believe there ought to be 2 city building servers, one with and one without airplanes and NOT different goals. I think 10K for both servers is good enough and maybe we'll actually see monorail then. Or maybe we can start the no planes server in 1995-1996 so we get to see monorails too.

Maybe a stronger limit on trucks/busses as well because long games with lots of people have lots of road vehicles and it causes lag.

Re: CityBuilder: have planes or not?. What about both? 11 years 4 months ago #1511

My proposal:
either:
- No planes with goal 7500
- Ban lumber mills
or:
- Planes allowed with goal 10000
- Ban lumber mills

Re: CityBuilder: have planes or not?. What about both? 11 years 3 months ago #1600

Have you reached any conclusion?

No planes is definitely better for competition and challenge. At the same time it could be fun sometimes to play longer and less intense games. Could be an idea to make a server where whoever had the biggest town after, say 20 years would win. Some 20 planes allowed, higher quantity of industries, bigger map (if possible). Encourage people to team up, and post screens on the forum of their record cities.

I don't know, just struck me that something like that could be fun. What do you think?

Re: CityBuilder: have planes or not?. What about both? 11 years 3 months ago #1605

Gelidis wrote: Have you reached any conclusion?

No planes is definitely better for competition and challenge. At the same time it could be fun sometimes to play longer and less intense games. Could be an idea to make a server where whoever had the biggest town after, say 20 years would win. Some 20 planes allowed, higher quantity of industries, bigger map (if possible). Encourage people to team up, and post screens on the forum of their record cities.

I don't know, just struck me that something like that could be fun. What do you think?

This is a good idea, but they'd need the bandwidth / resources to be able to run a 2nd CityBuilder server for it. Something that ends after 10-20 years and just constantly restarts is a really cool idea, also prevents games that last too long (which is an issue now because people are bad at ending it and get stuck around 3-4k if they aren't very good players).

Re: CityBuilder: have planes or not?. What about both? 11 years 3 months ago #1606

Excellent idea Gelli, you have my vote of support.

This message is endorsed by me.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 CityBuilder: have planes or not?. What about both? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.