Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Server17 (aka K1) now 15Bil goal 10 years 8 months ago #2076

Server17 otherwise known as K1 is no longer a 30 billion euro goal. This goal has now been changed to 15 billion euros. The reason behind this is because in the late stages of the game +65% goal progress with several highly active companies are causing too much CPU usage on the server, causing massive lag spikes that affect the whole machine. The reduction of the goal size should alleivate this issue.

Please note those who played the final game on 30 billion, ended up having the game cut short. The following players will receive the following point bonuses (to be updated over the next 48 hours): Nunoko - 100 points, Cassades - 75 points, cxc and HSquishy - 50 points.

I do hope you'll still enjoy the 15 billion version as much as the 30 billion even though games are shorter in real time.

Thank you,

cxc
Server Admin
  • cxc
  • cxc's Avatar Topic Author
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 35

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Server17 (aka K1) now 15Bil goal 10 years 8 months ago #2077

Its being tested as we speak, im also keeping my eye on the usage too, so fingers crossed it will be working good soon :).

Regs

HS
Server Admin

Server17 (aka K1) now 15Bil goal 10 years 8 months ago #2078

After watching putty towards the end i noticed the cpu was above 35% mind you i was the only one mainly with any huge amount of vehicles, wasnt lagging much either (if any).

Regards

HS
Server Admin

Server17 (aka K1) now 15Bil goal 10 years 8 months ago #2087

35% is very good :) I'd expect that from such an intensive game. When we were playing that 30 billion goal, the cpu was between 75-85% constantly. So it seems the changed has paid off :)
  • cxc
  • cxc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 35

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Server17 (aka K1) now 15Bil goal - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.