Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

My introduction 10 years 10 months ago #1861

Hello everybody :)

I'm Ariane and recently joined these servers.
Back in the days I used to play TT and TT-WB via serial cable with a good friend.
Later we switched to LAN and TTD but someday lost interest due to the vehicle limit :9

I am part of a "digital culture" related museum and we recently installed a pack of old DOS and W98 based systems to let the younger generations experience the "good old days" the way we experienced them.
Part of the process was to collect all kind of "classic" games, including TTD.

As TTD only allowed for two players I stumbled accross OpenTTD and found one of the city builder servers on the list. Well... Got me addicted again .)

I mostly join from work if I got nothing to do .) although that doesn't happen alot :D
I can do all that stuff without a joystick :)
  • LilMissHentai
  • LilMissHentai's Avatar Topic Author
  • jill of all trades, and master of none .)
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: My introduction 10 years 10 months ago #1865

Welcome Ariane :)

It's nice to hear that you found OpenTTD after all this time! I'm guessing there is a noticeable difference between the two version now? ;) Never played TT but definitely played TTD just the once which peaked my curiosity in such simulation games! Took me years before I found OpenTTD then once I did, I've never really stopped!

That certainly sounds like one great job you have there! Sounds like it is a lot of fun working there :) Do you spend your time making sure everything runs as intended?

Lucky you! I hear quite a few people do play from work these days, alas I haven't got the luxury of such things :P Hope to see you around and that you're enjoiying your citybuilder experience :)
  • cxc
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 35

Re: My introduction 10 years 10 months ago #1866

cxc wrote: That certainly sounds like one great job you have there! Sounds like it is a lot of fun working there :) Do you spend your time making sure everything runs as intended?

Lucky you! I hear quite a few people do play from work these days, alas I haven't got the luxury of such things :P Hope to see you around and that you're enjoiying your citybuilder experience :)

Well yeah, lots of fun but also lots of work. We got some Virtual Reality stuff that took me like two years to figure out why it wasn't working... just a simple ribbon cable in the end.

Some days you've got plenty of spare time (= everything works fine), some days you barely keep up with things failing ^^
  • LilMissHentai

Re: My introduction 10 years 9 months ago #1898

Oh wow that is impressive! Does this place have a website at all? Would love to check it out if possible :) Yeah it's always the most simpliest mistakes that take the longest to solve, it's like an issue there was at work months ago, one of the circuit boards had an issue of not working, no one knew why, then realised the thyristor had a leg broken.. replaced it, worked fine from then on. Live and learn though!

I feel like my working week will be a bit like that too, as I'm helping build an attraction myself at the moment. So who knows how it will all run on a daily basis in the long term! ^^
  • cxc

Re: My introduction 10 years 9 months ago #1920

Sure, check out www.for-amusement-only.de
Most images however are outdated

For something "up to date" I'd recommend
this .
  • LilMissHentai

My introduction 10 years 9 months ago #1921

Cool, looks quite nice there :)
  • cxc

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 My introduction - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.