Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Got autobanned (I think) from #29 7 years 8 months ago #5463

Was playing on server #29 on august 7th and at about 02:50 CEST I got banned...

Your name ingame: Geronimo
Admin who banned you: Automated script (I guess?)
Reason why you are banned: Accidentally built track into competitors area, tried to delete said track
Explain why you should be unbanned: Since I am new to BTpro I'm not used to that it is possible to build in competitors reserved area! Usually that's not possible. So when I got the warning that I was building in competitors area I wanted to delete the track I made by mistake and first got kicked, I then rejoined and wanted to fix my track and reroute... Then got banned!

Why is it even possible to build in competitors area?
Why is it not allowed to delete your own track that you built in competitors area (by mistake)!? :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Geronimo.

Got autobanned (I think) from #29 7 years 8 months ago #5464

ban removed ;)

as already told, it's a limitation of the way we provide games, via GameScripts and a server controller that uses OpenTTD admin port. the refered limitation is on the admin port that only sends info after actions happen - makes the only solution to remove tracks on reserved area AFTER placed.
to prevent actions to happen inside any area required change code on the game (server side) that we don't. therefore... it's the possible solution ;)

best way still is: stay away of claimed towns/areas ^^
if, by mistake, some tracks placed on other company area... leave them there or call an admin and explain him what happened (best solution) ;)

Enjoy the games :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.025 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Got autobanned (I think) from #29 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.