Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

''Walk on water'' 12 years 2 months ago #510

For everyone: Raising land so you can get to oil rigs with tracks is NOT allowed.
Use boats to transfer or go for another source of money.

Any questions i'll be happy to answer.'
  • Cris
  • Cris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Cris.

Re: ''Walk on water'' 11 years 10 months ago #896

how about raising land to build tracks across lakes, etc where one would normally be forced to build a bridge? this is meant to increase capacity on a given track as signals can't be placed on bridges and create huge gaps. What about creating islands to shorten gaps for bridges, where one would elsewise be forced to place a lower speed bridge..?

Re: ''Walk on water'' 11 years 10 months ago #904

If you have read the rule on this you'll know that it's just to do with placing train stations or lorry stops at an oil rig! Use boats to transfer oil from the oil rig in the sea to the station on the mainland.

To be honest its much more effective to go round lakes, and usually results in you having a longer line, hence more income per train.
  • cxc
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 35

Re: ''Walk on water'' 11 years 10 months ago #967

So why is it illegal?

It's more expensive to raise the land to reach the rigs than to ship the oil. Also the ship rating is just terrible compared to train-ratings :)

Same goes for the sand/stone industry on water I suppose for FIRS?

I think i just cheated :[
  • solo
  • Thank you received: 17

Re: ''Walk on water'' 11 years 10 months ago #971

solo wrote: So why is it illegal?

The argument here is that it is seen as against the spirit, or intention of the game to be able to get oil from oil rigs using a train (or indeed fish from trains in FIRS :S ). It it just an exploit of (broken) game mechanics.

...but yes because we have to limit ship numbers because they use up too much CPU (as well as being easy to exploit for an easy win with PAX), this makes using ships as intended also impossible.

There is not an easy answer to this, that is why we have *some ships, no water walking* as the policy at the moment. Other server have maps with land on all borders to solve this but again, this looks ugly so is hardly a perfect solution either.

All rules are open to debate and discussion, and suggestions welcome for this one because it does increase admin work to have to stop water walking...

Last edit: by Teckers.

Re: ''Walk on water'' 11 years 2 weeks ago #1763

A bit of a bump, but interesting none-the-less:

NUTS is used on CB #02. It has WETrains (trains that run on tracks that look like canals, and look like series of ships).

Can or can you not grab oil with WETrains from oil rigs?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 ''Walk on water'' - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.