Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rating pushing 9 years 8 months ago #3364

As far as I can see, this is just a 2-way delivery system and since self-competition is only disallowed on primary industries, this isn't illegal. Unless I'm missing something.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rating pushing 9 years 8 months ago #3365

well, trains don't have full load order so at early stage they make many empty runs.
What about setting it up far, far away from town? It's not possible with hotel, because it has to be close to town center, but you can fund gas station and builders yard anywhere you want.

Rating pushing 9 years 8 months ago #3367

So i see people experimenting and posting threads asking about the legality of it. Why can't we just have a server specifically dedicated to experimentation? One that doesn't have rules besides no griefing and just let people experiment with setups and layouts.

Better yet why not do this in single player where it doesn't even matter and an "unfair advantage" doesn't actually affect anything.

Rating pushing 9 years 8 months ago #3369

But i hardly believe that 1-2 experiments on "normal" maps harm other players in competition. You can also just be unlucky and have some beginners building spaghetti-tracks over the whole map, same effect.

Rating pushing 9 years 8 months ago #3371

Question is if this shouldnt be a rule on 2nd industries as those arent even competition? It would be the same as having a full load train there at all times.

Rating push imo is when u have a truck just load/unload om same station. And if you transfer to other station you will still feel the effect of diminishing rating through the new system used. One might want to remake this rule to make it more clear and vote for a good standpoint whats what in rating push manner.

I can easily assume anyone playing dont wanna miss on 2nd industries outputs as they already are very low/need of dif cargo. Having full load trains anyone would do. No matter if its shoving it 1 tile or 20. Everyone wanna hoard that precious cargo.

So "rating push" no matter how u wanna distinguish its use/name its still going to exist on 2nd industries but would seem wrong on 1st if competition exists.
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
  • Saber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ
  • Thank you received: 34

Last edit: by Saber.
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Rating pushing - Page 4 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.