Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rating pushing 9 years 8 months ago #3358

Yes, they are well explained but somehow I doubt you are reading them correctly.

I'm not gonna mention the logic on that.

You don't have to, an averge Joe can see the logic by looking at order list.

Anyways, I have figured out why was rating capped around 90% in all of those designs and I am letting them go and going to replace it with something that can maintain 100%.

Thank you for your patience and numerous efforts to get your point across but I've got a thick skull and I still believe you are wrong about this :silly:

edit:
Ok, here is how it looks like now:
Map overview

Rafinery Station

Transfer Station

It's much simpler and provides 100% ratings for Oil Rafinery station as long as trains servicing it are new TIMs. It's slightly lower for SHs but that's nothing a good, brain washing campaign wouldn't fix. Last-mile delivery is done by PT only and CH only trains, PT goes to Machine Shop, obviously, and CH gets distributed (by over-elaborate, timewasting ways)to Glass Works and Paper Mill to keep 8/8 production ratios in those industries every month.

On the next episode of this debate I'll present a 2-way delivery system for building materials, food, goods and alcohol - stay tuned and prepare for ultimate rating pushing! :silly:

Now, seriously, that's something I would like opinion on too, ST might remember what setup I have in mind - the one that lead to allowing only 1 industry type per town - which made it harder but still doable. Shame on you ST, that was a lazy fix of the problem :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by kraFtzu. Reason: removed cheating instructions

Rating pushing 9 years 8 months ago #3359

krawco wrote: Having stations set up to keep ratings as high as possible is not rating pushing. Rating pushing is when you have vehicle which only purpose is to keep rating high. You didn't even relate to other examples of setups that provide high rating, you just took a sentence out of context for what ST is patting you on the back.

I will say it one last time and I don't want any further "why am I doing it" questions, as it is not the subject of this discussion:

I am doing it because I do not want empty nor nearly empty trains rolling through MACHINE SHOP station that in my network design is ALWAYS a very crowded zone. Crowded, because I always claim a town with Machine Shop and since it's close to town - apart from supply trains, there are numerous other trains transporting raw and processed resources.

I don't understand why are you hanging onto single sentence where I admited I tried to do something about rating loss from transfer to initial staion and it kind of worked but wouldn't bring back 100% rating that the simplest setup provides.

It still doesn't make sense if that is the main purpose. If you don't want nearly empty trains, then loading to full or near full at the main refinery station should be the way to ensure your trains aren't empty or nearly empty. The only reason to have the setup you show in the first post is to shift the lower rating that this would bring to a secondary station that would not affect the cargo drop at the main station. Which, to all intents and purposes, is a ratings push.

I still think you're too set on gaming the system rather than just playing the game, and all this fiddling around for an extra few tonnes of cargo still seems a little pointless.

But, like ST2, I'm glad you're open to debate about your experiments :)

Rating pushing 9 years 8 months ago #3360

There's no "nearly fully load" order option and you know it :lol:
If I had those trains set to fully load (doesn't matter wether it would be any full load or just fully load) that station would get jammed pretty soon, because rafinery has fixed 6/8 ratio. To compensate for this and any loss caused by ratings I could deliver some oil from nearby wells or rig but that is not possible in every game and that's why I began to look for other solutions, more universal, not dependant on convinient industries' locations.

Let me get back to my setups being too too complex. I'll briefly describe how I do it and what are - in my opinion - advantages of my 2 way oil lines.
I only have to issue all those orders for a single train - I usualy do it for the first train before it reaches rafinery and yields 1st income. It's all set right from the start - with one exception - load threshold is set to 1% (why, I'll explain soon) and I just don't triger PT / CH at Rafinery station, therefore in beggining trains always jump back to oil wells. When I feel ready I send a truck to begin production in rafinery. At this point oil wells still pump basic output, that's why it doesn't matter how loaded trains are because there are only several of them. I set threshold to 70% after I can maintain constant suppies for oil wells. Setting up orders for trains to service another source of oil is done with 3 clicks - clone a train from main line, feeder load (replace first order), add refit to oil to that order - and that's it.

Having 2 way oil trains has 2 main advantages - 1: it reduces traffic on oil / PT / CH line by about 1/3 and 2: having all chemicals transfered to single location near claimed town opens numerous play scenarios, because you can do so much with it!
Are quarries scarce in your area? Well, get some sand transfered and distribute it with a truck once per month to glass works and flood it with all those chemicals - you get decent BM production to start growing and some manufacturing supplies that you can use to make food. If you want to forge some metal, well, chemicals will help at aluminium plant, then in metal workshop and metal fabrication plant. Is metal branch too complex? Well, take those chemicals to a paper mill instead, then you only need to stuff it with wood and clay to get all the goods you need and same amount of MS that can be magicaly transformed to alcohol at 8/8 ratio with a single truckload of fruit or grain. I consider chemicals the most useful resource - right next to the great trinity: ES, FS and MS.

edit:
ah, forgot to clarify - low ratings are not shifted to 2ndary station, that station has high ratings because of little train visiting it fequently, lower ratings are kept on main station because there is cargo sitting there, dropped by trains that didn't reach the load threshold. And high ratings on 2ndary station have no affect on main station.

Take a look at this chart , maybe it will help you understand when rating is being actualy pushed because - as I said before - rating pushing cheats only work up to certain point and there are way too many factors involved to close it within single definition.

Last edit: by kraFtzu.

Rating pushing 9 years 8 months ago #3361

They remade how supplies work. Even if u transfer the station count it as its own cargo still. Meaning u get lower rating for having too much on station even though u dont. I feel like this was made to stop rating push. Use advertise instead and trains with 255 speed and statue.

And yes. U play like a ottdcoop player trying fancy stuff :D
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
  • Saber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ
  • Thank you received: 34

Rating pushing 9 years 8 months ago #3362

Yes, I know that having a shitload of cargo transfered to station on other side of map does affect ratings on initial station. There isn't much you can do about it.

And haha, but no, I am far from those guys. They are applying rocket sciencie to trains, I just enjoy building the way I do :P

Rating pushing 9 years 8 months ago #3363

As promised, here is a screenshot of silly but convinient way of delivering cargo to claimed town (sorry about that msg in the middle :P ):

I am uncertain about 2 aspects of this:
1. Is it rating pushing?
2. It can be set up very far from claimed town - if there are no other towns nearby.

Please let me know if this is allowed, conditionaly allowed or not allowed at all. I promise I won't argue too much :silly:

PS. I have removed some parts of my previous posts that contained information about how to push rating, sorry about that, I didn't realize how much trouble it could cause.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Rating pushing - Page 3 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.