Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

FIRS donated industries competition 9 years 9 months ago #3245

Hi,

is there any rule about competing on boosted primary industries on FIRS?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FIRS donated industries competition 9 years 9 months ago #3254

No. All primary industries are open for fair competition (no sabotaging) on CV, CB and FIRS servers. It does open up an interesting debate though, about whether that should be the case - I'll have a chat with the other admins and see what they say, then we'll let you know what we decide.

Last edit: by Chizzle.

FIRS donated industries competition 9 years 9 months ago #3268

I agree that it makes for an interesting debate. It's a difficult issue I think, since I do strongly believe in allowing competition on primaries. And if you bring 1 truck every year of a boosting resource, should that allow you to have the exclusive rights to that primary?

That's just an extreme example ofcourse, but I can imagine people might try that to avoid competition, especially on some good primaries that are scarce on the map.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

FIRS donated industries competition 9 years 9 months ago #3272

it's truly a sensitive matter, but lets try to keep it simple, if possible:
- A primary industry is always the one that produces something from start, without any stuff delivered; from here, secondary/tertiary industries are clear (1st delivering, gets the industry exclusive; since on the direction of the town/goal - this is obvious);
- Players/companies delivering only with the purpose of reserving industries, not working for the above objectives is considered sabotage, therefore, not allowed;
- When a player/company starts delivering any kind of suplies to primary industries, it's because already has the "bagage" to support competition on primaries and, if hard competition, to control those deliveries of suplies, in case the other player don't provide them too;
- Public Cities works the exact same way: someone makes them grow and other ones can use them; already happened to us all... on both sides! (for experienced players);

And that's the base of our rule 3: a primary industry (that has production since its foundation and by its own) must be available to all.
Well, never tested YETI, yet! But this is my idea and opinion. :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2.

FIRS donated industries competition 9 years 8 months ago #3338

I think the player who wants to compete for a supplied industry has to bring some supplies too. I am not going to drop names but there are some players that just compete with me for everything I supply which is very annoying because I use fewer industries but always supply each one unless I use it only to get 8/8 production ratio.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 FIRS donated industries competition - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.