Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Flooding cities with busses for transfer? 11 years 9 months ago #1109

I was playing last night on server #4 when I saw Lux having 100 busses divided on 2-3 cities. They where clarely running on huge deficit. I asked him and he said it was part of the game, at one point Dodger logged in, but not sure if he saw my message. Anyhow I am not claiming that Lux was cheating or anything, but when I read through the rules again I couldnt really find anything against it.

So are players allowed to spam busses in a city to absolutely minimize PAX waiting time, even tho there are so many busses that they all run with huge deficits (each transportating 1-2 passenger at a time).

MadMike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Flooding cities with busses for transfer? 11 years 9 months ago #1111

Your right i was in at one point destroying his road network after he boxed others stations in. Put simply providing the city with roads and giving it a passenger service can increase growth. I would not be to fussed about it to be honest, his company and his loss!

unless of course he boxes you in! then there is always the !admin command

Re: Flooding cities with busses for transfer? 11 years 9 months ago #1112

Yeah, I saw that, and that was after the blue player called for an Admin? But the rules are pretty clear on that (cant remember excatly, but somthing about 50% coverage at most..). However I ment if you flood the city with busses (which will increase your company value) and cause traffick jams. Is it ok to have 50 busses transferring passengers from 5 different stations in a 6K City?

Re: Flooding cities with busses for transfer? 11 years 8 months ago #1129

Without seeing screen-shot cant tell you 100% - but I think this one sounds like smart play rather than rule breaking. I will explain.

In temperate (I am guessing this is) the game mechanics to grow a city as fast as is possible is to have FIVE stations (or bus stops, airports whatever) in a city taking stuff regularly

see: wiki.openttd.org/Towns#Town_Growth

There is nothing wrong with having 5 stops to grow a town as long as you are not blocking off a town to other players, or breaking other rules. :)

PS we have lowered city growth so this wont work as well at it used to ;)

Last edit: by Teckers.

Re: Flooding cities with busses for transfer? 11 years 8 months ago #1130

hmmm.. ok. This was on server #4. Whenever I am doing PAX I always have a few busstations around the city to feed me more passengers using busses and the transfere option. However this guy bought ALOT more busses than needed, wich caused huge traffickjams in the city (loooooooong lines in front of the busstop). Having 100 busses also improved his company value which lead to a quicker victory.

I know its against the rule buying tranes and leaving them in the depot just to increase comp. value. But is it really allowed to have as many busses as you please in one city? Can you have 500 busses in one city as long as they are not in the depot?

MadMike

Re: Flooding cities with busses for transfer? 11 years 8 months ago #1131

Buying just to increase company value is obviously not allowed, having so many busses you needlessly jam up a town is covered under rule on blocking, hard to comment more without being able to see situation :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Flooding cities with busses for transfer? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.