Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Server Setting - yapf.rail_firstred_twoway_eol = 1 9 years 8 months ago #3286

I propose setting yapf.rail_firstred_twoway_eol to be on. This settings allows for interesting train behavior such as the possibility of creating an overflow for a station. Without this setting, a train will choose to wait at red two-way combo signal when there is a green two-way combo signal available.

Example

Demonstration of incorrect behavior

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Server Setting - yapf.rail_firstred_twoway_eol = 1 9 years 8 months ago #3288

Okay, based on the first picture, it looks like your train does that because there is no viable route down the overflow for it to take - there is no exit to a platform or to continue its path. Most people would not have or need this kind of overflow setup, so from my perspective changing the settings for this one scenario seems a touch unnecessary.

Hope that helps!

Last edit: by Chizzle.

Server Setting - yapf.rail_firstred_twoway_eol = 1 9 years 8 months ago #3289

It leads to a reverser. The reverser isn't necessary, I could have a depot there. In this example, the depot is hard to see, it's behind the forest.

Server Setting - yapf.rail_firstred_twoway_eol = 1 9 years 8 months ago #3290

Okay, as a game-playing point of view, if you have a train in there that then has to reverse out before being able to continue to a platform, that will eventually cause a backlog - either the train will never be able to reverse out because the rest of the network is too busy, or trains will be forced to wait further up the line. A better option is to have no signals after the split, that way the train will choose the free path - or if there is no free path it will wait before the split, thus an overflow would not be necessary.

ETA: Or have just one signal at the end of each branch before the platform. That way if they are all full the train has to wait before the split, then can choose the first branch to become freee instead of heading into an overflow branch.

Server Setting - yapf.rail_firstred_twoway_eol = 1 9 years 8 months ago #3291

The overflow is for goods cargo. The only time the train should continue past the station is if the station is full. In doing so, it will reverse into the depot. I have the signals setup so it won't let any trains out of the depot unless the station is not full (Look at the exit signals on the non-maglev rails.) So the overflow fills the depot up preventing trains from blocking the entire network should not enough goods be made at the station.

I tried removing the signal at the end per your suggestion, and it did not work. It will not work without changing this setting.
Proof

Last edit: by Sassafrass.

Server Setting - yapf.rail_firstred_twoway_eol = 1 9 years 8 months ago #3292

I'll give you my example, to show you what I meant.

www.dropbox.com/s/rtznok8ejnb86gl/Player...1th%20May%201975.png

If you look at that, each branch to a set of platforms only has one signal. Therefore once they are all full, trains wait before the split meaning no need for an overflow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sassafrass

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Server Setting - yapf.rail_firstred_twoway_eol = 1 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.