Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hosting a server ala BTPro's goal servers, Frank? 12 years 2 months ago #332

I will perhaps have a few friends playing and I might be interested in hosting a server for some private games with them once in a while.

Is there any chance you could share some of your knowledge here, Frank? Copies of whatever server settings / scripts / whatnot that you use? :p In particular, how to set goals and the excellent landscapes you get on the Temperate server.
  • Zalmar
  • Zalmar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Zalmar.

Re: Hosting a server ala BTPro's goal servers, Frank? 12 years 2 months ago #333

Hi Zalmar,

Well... I can share the settings which I use to get the temperate landscape you see on our temperate servers, but unfortunatly the goal function is now included in the standard OpenTTD program...
I'm using an external admin script to implement the GOAL functions on these servers which runs apart from the OpenTTD Dedicated Server. This admin interface is in early Alpha stage and is not Open Source (yet) unfortunatly... Currently it needs a key to run on a specific hardware setup, So i'm affraid I can't share the goal script code with you for now... There are plans to make it open source one day, but it's not known yet when!

You can join our channel on IRC (irc.x-base.org:6668, channel: #btpro-chat) to get the settings for the temperate landscape and stuff...

Hope I didn't disappoint you to much :-(

Regards,

Frank
Server Admin

Last edit: by Frank.

Re: Hosting a server ala BTPro's goal servers, Frank? 12 years 2 months ago #335

Hey, no worries, that's still great. I'll pop into IRC some time :)

You wrote the goal function is "now" part of OpenTTD itself, I imagine that was a typo and it was meant to be "not"? :p

I'm gonna have a looksie around and see if I can get Autopilot to do what I want.
  • Zalmar

Last edit: by Zalmar.

Re: Hosting a server ala BTPro's goal servers, Frank? 12 years 2 months ago #336

Oops, my bad indeed :-S It's indeed NOT a part of OpenTTD ;-)

Autopilot is cool to, the only problem with it is that you need to write your own scripts in TCL for it to...

I've used Autopilot before I started to use the current admin interface. It has no goal features or whatever, but it seems you can code it yourself if you know how (in TCL language) ;-)

Anyways, just drop into our channel on IRC sometimes, we can have a chat there!

Frank

Last edit: by Frank.

Re: Hosting a server ala BTPro's goal servers, Frank? 12 years 2 months ago #337

Yeah, idling there now ;p
  • Zalmar

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Hosting a server ala BTPro's goal servers, Frank? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.