Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cargo delivery payment 6 years 11 months ago #5961

Hello,
I have a question that I really can not find an answer on. Is there a way to see how much money you can get by transporting cargo? I know that it is dependent on time, speed, distance and what cargo it is but there doesn't seem to be a graph for that. I have found the graph that is in the btpro client but it shows that for a 100 day transportation oil gives the same reward as fruit. But when I created a route it gave me much less reward for fruit than for oil. I just don't understand how to set the perfect distance for a specific cargo depending on speed.

Thanks,
Sandpatch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by sandpatch.

Cargo delivery payment 6 years 11 months ago #5962

hi :)

There's several information about it:
- wiki.openttd.org/Cargo_income
- wiki.openttd.org/Game_mechanics#Delivery_payment_rates

Anyway, I like to check it ingame:

Hope it helps :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Cargo delivery payment 6 years 11 months ago #5963

Thanks, but again this doesn't show the perfect distance to set up a route depending on speed. You need to do quite a lot of calculation before. And passengers is at the bottom if the income list, yet they are one of the absolute most rewarding ones? How does this work?

Cargo delivery payment 6 years 11 months ago #5964

Perfect distance, per se, doesn't exist. It depends on the year, vehicle speed and capacity, etc. Among our servers the "perfect distance" can vary, making it your task to discover.
It's impossible to make a table for it, covering all dates, climates, available vehicles (including newgrf's) for all cargo types (covering newgrf's).
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Cargo delivery payment 6 years 11 months ago #5965

ok, but why is are passengers so rewarding compared to other sources, even though payment is the lowest?

Last edit: by sandpatch.

Cargo delivery payment 6 years 11 months ago #5966

sandpatch wrote: ok, but why is are passengers so rewarding compared to other sources, even though payment is the lowest?

Because, when towns are already big enough, provides ALOT (Passengers and Mail) and it starts as a double way payment. If you manage some double way with Coal (for example) will pay more (for the same distance).

Btw, other players can reply and suggest some "best distances" per BTPro server :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Cargo delivery payment - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.