Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Some server changes 9 years 4 weeks ago #4189

Aiming that more players fully respect our server rules (especially rule #7), the below servers will be changed to the shown max station/train sizes:
- servers #1 and #4 (150 million): 8 tiles;
- servers #2 and #5 (1000 million): 14 tiles;
- server #9 (1000 million FIRS): 15 tiles;

I'll ask for players understanding about the reasons of this changes. This topic will be open to public discussion now but, before make any reply, remember that the above values were agreed among the admin team.

Thank you all and enjoy the games :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: dodger007
  • ST2
  • ST2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628
The topic has been locked.

Some server changes 9 years 4 weeks ago #4191

• xyz
  • Thank you received: 1
Last edit: by xyz.

Some server changes 9 years 4 weeks ago #4192

Some servers (the changed ones) had max station sizes not proportional with his goals. In many cases led to abuses falling in situations not allowed by server rules.
The values currently used were thought to allow players reach server goals still withing the station/vehicle confort zone.

And yes, in couple server you'll have to build more tracks/vehicles and, personally, I don't see that as a negative point. Anyway, lets see how the gameplay goes with new values :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Some server changes 9 years 4 weeks ago #4193

That's such bullshit though. I've connected 2 big cities plenty of times, with 3x7 or 5x7 stations and they bring in a shitload of money. Just do more cities instead of working on cities longer and growing them?

Besides that, coal is nice, but you want goods too. Goods, coal and pax are still all worth the effort very much, even with the changed stations, that really doesn't change it.

And maybe learn a little more about certain mechanics of the game, to improve your income, instead of relying on the biggest trains. For example, diagonal lines, no slowdowns because of too short corners, etc..
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Some server changes 9 years 3 weeks ago #4207

• xyz
  • Thank you received: 1
Last edit: by xyz.

Some server changes 9 years 3 weeks ago #4208

xyz, if you play since 1995, I guess you're used to play with max 7x7 station max size and when you couldn't make/attach different station sizes/directions to main station. You know what I'm talking, if really playing from that time. But that was TT or, on best of chances, TTdlx.

And that was where all your replies backfire to yourself. Why all the fuss with the change of server 1 to 8 tiles of max spread? Aren't 64 station tiles (in each station) enough to you reach a mere 150 million CV goal?

And I totally agree with vGelder's reply, because it's normal to players try to make networks more efficient, instead of asking for more station spread.

Despite the fact that playing in earlier TT's or the deluxe version helps alot, OpenTTD was released in 2004 (preciselly in 06-03-1004) and under GPL2, leaded to be improved, such in game mechanichs as in graphics. So, maybe some of your knowledges are outdated now!

Anyway xyz, taking out your bullshit excuses, take a look on this page and keep tuned with all Source Code, bugs, AI's, NewGRF's and GameScripts. That works better that simply tell us: "I actually play it since 1995". Most of us does it too, and some decided to learn the "new mechanics", since it's opensource now.

xyz, take that in account, now all people can see, modify and improve the game code. And that's why vGelder, with reasons to it, used that words. If you can't keep up OpenTTD changes, please restrain yourself from the previous comments type!

And I guess it's all said!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dodger007, Rosco
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Last edit: by ST2. Reason: typo
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Some server changes - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.