Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The Billionaire line (download map) 10 years 2 days ago #2944

Hello all, today I'm sharing with u my massive train network in which I achieved an income over 20 billion/year (valuta = € ingame). I already build a simmilar system but somehow I lost it after a reinstall of my pc :( I never had the motivation to rebuild it since it was a huge task to do. After some time it started to appeal again and there were some things that could have done better to make it work better. The map is in temperate.

The basic idea was to have a minimum amount of stations and a maximum amount of trains and profit.
This I have achieved :D

Mapsize:
- 2048*2048

Trains [850]
- 210 Goods, trainlength 25 tiles
- 640 Oil, trainlength 20 tiles

Stations [8]
- 4 feeder stations (oil)
- 2 drop off stations (goods)
- 2 load/drop stations for the mainline (oil + goods), these stations are 64*64 sized and can handle 156 trains at the same time.

Infrastructure:
- 308.130 rail pieces
- 29.786 signals
- 10.082 Station tiles

The entire layout is actually not very complicated.. it's just a lot of trains and tracks going from point A to point B. At the point of making this topic my trains got into auto-renewal service so I lost =/- 5 billion per year.. I disabled the services for now and it should pickup above the 20billion soon, (ofcourse u need to check on the resources rather often because they start losing productivity over time (with cheats I set them all to the max. 2.040.000 liter) The feeder stations aren't perfect so if someone want to make them better do so. This entire project wasn't mode for the most realistic or whatever just to get a maximum amount of profit using 2 major stations.

Building the 64*64 station

For the other station it's the same process basically and I lost my screenshots from that... lol.
Moving on to maintainance tracks.

Feeder station (there are 4 like these to feed the mainline, they work however they should have more tracks)

Overview of Northern Main station and feeder stations (yes.. that 64*64 stations looks small now)!

Overview of Southern Main station and feeder stations

Mainline with cargohold for the A/B stations on the mainline

Of course much much more money could be made if I split up the mainline in 2 stations so I could get more production out of the oil factory.. it's maxed out and I'm pretty sure this setup can maxout another one. Basically it's not a perfect line.. but I was amazed by the final results.. after 100+ ingame years of building when I finally started running trains on the line it did right around 6 billion which was nice, but then I started tweaking it here and there and not much later it was already doubled. The 20 billion isn't reached in the screenshot below but that's because of the trains decided to troll me because of autorenewal.. but in the early years the profit was 22 billion+.

Now it's up to you to make this line more efficient or just enjoy the way it was setup.
Map is added as attached file, if this doesn't work u can use the link below:
Download

Hope u all like it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Billionaire line (download map) 10 years 2 days ago #2945

Nice job mate :-) looking great!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Displayedlamb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 The Billionaire line (download map) - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.