Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A few questions about the servers and the client! 10 years 1 month ago #2691

Hello!

Was wondering what the short "NOBRK" means? Its in the server name/description.

Also why are no games started at 1930 or 1950? Would make a interesting start indeed!

One final thing. Im using the "client" from www.openttd.org. And was wondering if the client on this site is the same thing, so its easier for people to find it OR if its different. (And if so, what are different?)

Thank you for your time! - Kimmaz
  • kimmaz
  • kimmaz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A few questions about the servers and the client! 10 years 1 month ago #2693

Hi and welcome kimmaz,

NOBRK means "no breakdowns .

Server #7 (hard goal server) starts in 1935. Maybe try that if you like to play with steamers?
The main reason that there are not a lot of early start servers is that most players don't like the relative long time you have to wait to get income with the slower trains in the start. Also the number of available trains is quite low.

With the BTPro openttd client you can connect to the same servers as the default client, but it has a number of additions and changes. The first and foremost is the easy community log-in. Further it adds a number of new 'hotkeys' and tooltips. The full list, including download and manual can be found
here . (look under 'changes'for the differences with the default client) Please note that if you encounter problems while playing with the custom client, you should first report them here and not to the openttd development team (unless you encounter the same problem on the default client).
The following user(s) said Thank You: kimmaz

A few questions about the servers and the client! 10 years 1 month ago #2695

Thx for great answers!

I think ill use the normal client for now, i can use this site for community stuff. Gonna try that server starting in 1935 for sure!

One more thing what does this forum require, like does it run some fancy java-script or flash? cause the page I am using to write this, the "editor" or whatever seems to crash every now and again, usually if im moving the coursur or rightclicking to fix a typo. Lucky that when i open this from recent tabs, the text is remembered! (using chrome)

(cant fix more typo's, got to close and reopen from recent tabs each time)
  • kimmaz
  • kimmaz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

A few questions about the servers and the client! 10 years 1 month ago #2699

Id advice to change client at once as its more feature-packed and gives u a better gaming experience
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
  • Saber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ
  • Thank you received: 34

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 A few questions about the servers and the client! - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.