Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Have any easy way to change the rail system? 11 years 3 months ago #1499

Hey guys.. anyone know if have any way to change all trains, rail and etc to a new rail system(Monorail, Maglev)?

The manual way its boring, changing train by train ;x

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Have any easy way to change the rail system? 11 years 3 months ago #1500

There is no easy way to change from standard track to monorail. Or from monorail to maglev. All of this needs to be changed manually.

I do the changes in two ways.

First: Change one line at a time. So I would have several independant lines that make all my money. Probably 2 passengers lines, a coal line, wood or oil lines, and a goods line. So when the new monorail comes out I would first send all my passenger trains to the depot automatically wait till they all arrived there delete them then change the track to monorail then build new monorail trains. Then repeat this for the other lines. This way impact to your income is minimised compared to doing it all at once.

Second: If I have a goods line already running I would build a second goods line but the second would be of the new system. So diesel station and a monorail station at the factory. Then I would build this monorail station to a further away city for goods drop off then start the trains rolling. As the monorail trains are bought I would then send all the diesel trains back to depot so they no longer load from the station. After I have sold all the diesel trains I would either delete the existing track or convert it to be used for a new line for something else, or to double capacity of the new monorail goods line. This way income is not affected AND you will make alot more money from the new longer distance route with monorail (or maglev).
  • cxc
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 35

Re: Have any easy way to change the rail system? 11 years 3 months ago #1512

Hello, thanks for the reply..

So, i need to do it manually, its so boring D:

Im thinking how to do this on the server with new industries, because a wagon can be used to transport some cargos...

Re: Have any easy way to change the rail system? 10 years 6 months ago #2254

I usually build a monorail depot next to the to be converted railway, make the new trains in there and use the 'go to' and click on one of the old/current trains.. So you dont have to remake all orders manually (I usually forget where what trains are goung etc) xD with complicated systems I do this for every station on the new line :)

Re: Have any easy way to change the rail system? 10 years 3 months ago #2435

Hi,

as this thread has already brought back to life.... I append... ;)

For offline playing, the "Universal Rail Type" comes in handy for this task, an unversal depot is also included (works with OTTD 1.3.3).

As the name suggests, a new railtype is added, on which all trains can drive. To avoid players from building this type of rails for the whole network, there are some options like making them very expensive or setting a maximum speed.

Maybe this would be a nice addition to the servers, too?

Original thread can be found here:
www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=50041

Best regards
Georg

Last edit: by Gnarf.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Have any easy way to change the rail system? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.