Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Possible bug 7 years 7 months ago #5491

Hi,
I noticed that if I buy trains the Company value increases more than the cost of the train, so I decided to find out what happens to the CV in your system. The point is: if I am at 70% and buy locomotives for the money I have, I will get to about 100%. I think using this bug is not fair, but I did it in games 2148 and 2149 on server #9, so you can investigate it.
Thanks,
Trollbuster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Possible bug 7 years 7 months ago #5492

yes Trollbuster , the exploit exists, very very old and well known BUT it's an OpenTTD bug - without changing server code, nothing we can do :(

His usage is forbidden and covered by our rule #4 "... Also cheating to advance yourself ahead of the competition unfairly will not be tolerated." because it gives an unfair boost on the CV.

I usually ends on points removal (sometimes ALL, other times from last 10 games) and when repeating, account lock and ban from games.

When we suspect someone uses the exploit or when a suspiction is pointed by another player, we investigate. We check the average use of trains (or any other vehicles) among the games and compare with the suspected games. Since average number of trains on server #9 is ~100, you had on game 2148 414 trains and 493 trains on game 2149 so, was easy to spot.

We recommend NEVER use it, for the told reasons ^^
About a solution, it's on ttd devs :S
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2. Reason: typos

Possible bug 7 years 7 months ago #5493

Well, the fact that it works on the OTTD servers with points is new for me. I recently restarted playing, but I remember that there were servers on which the CV of the server was different from the CV in the game. I think it were the 'Luukland' servers.
So today I was like 'does this really work?' and retested it.

Also ~100 trains is a little low on server 9, Normally I am at ~250-300.

Possible bug 7 years 7 months ago #5494

~100 trains... on average - and you can check number of trains used by the 15 best times ^^

And yes, LL, Nova and Citymania use modified servers (on the code) using different calculation methods - we use the CV provided by the game. I remember dP (from Citymania) being so disappointed with how Company Value works on OpenTTD that he started to use Bank Balance goals. Personally I think he has a point there, because it's much harder to exploit ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trollbuster
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Possible bug 7 years 7 months ago #5495

Maybe it is because I am the type of guy who likes to build huge networks with a lot of trains :)
In most games the bank balance is about 10% lower than the CV (if it is played in a fair way) so I think that isn't a bad Idea at all ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2

Possible bug 7 years 7 months ago #5496

Hello,

Isn't that possible to put a limit on building trains, like the "terraforming limit"?
Or something like "You already have too many trains on your stations", allowing you to build new trains only if the amount of trains in your stations is less than some value?
  • TV
  • Thank you received: 3

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Possible bug - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.