Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Teamplay Citybuilder? 10 years 6 months ago #2258

I know I posted this a couple of months ago, but l'll repost it for fun :lol:

My idea is: Players can invite each other in the Forums and start Companies with multiple people. And if there is about 2 full teams, the Time Limit will start and the people within those Teams will have to help each other to Build a city from 500 Citizens (Like in the CityBuilder servers) to something like 10,000. And if the Teams cannot make a town to grow into a City with 10,00 Citizens. The team with the biggest city, wins and gets points. With the same plugin as the CityBuilder servers have, just with a time limitation and teams. The though behind this is to Promote teamwork between different people. If there is possible it would be nice to see a Money cap, the idea behind that is that Players can go afk, also; more and more needs the city gets the harder it will be to fullfill them. Possibly a afk time limit, something like 5 minutes or so; also players may request a game pause if they have to to go the Bathroom or something like that so that the teams can lay a plan. Since this is just an idea with a simple concept; to promote teamwork; and more tactical gameplay.
This souded like a Good Idea in Theory so I figured to post this :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Teamplay Citybuilder? 10 years 6 months ago #2259

First of all I would like to reply that I do like the concept of a time-limited server. Not to replace the goal-servers, but to complement. I think I would enjoy playing a CityBuilder with no goal-limit, but with a time-limit, like they have at Nova, but then with the CB script that is being used here.

For the rest of your post, I'd like to direct you to this topic (openttd.btpro.nl/index.php/forum/28-tour...etition-show-matches), besides the time-based game, I think it pretty much covers what you're looking for. And maybe a time-based game is possible here, although I don't have any knowledge of the script and if it is actually possible in the current script.

The stuff with the afk limits and the breaks is pretty complicated, but I suppose that a break might be possible if there's a server admin available that has the access to do that.

Anyway, I think your idea is close to that one. Teamplay is possible on the regular servers too ofcourse, and is also allowed in our monthly exhibition match.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Teamplay Citybuilder? 10 years 6 months ago #2262

I will check if i can implement a timed game soon. My next project ;-)

Keep you posted!

Teamplay Citybuilder? 10 years 5 months ago #2278

Frank donĀ“t forget the feature to download save files with game number B)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Teamplay Citybuilder? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.